amazing rubber thingoes

Submitted: Friday, Apr 29, 2005 at 22:22
ThreadID: 22495 Views:2076 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Perhaps all of you already know about them but I have been looking for a long time for a way to get my spade and axe out of the back of my vehicle and found an answer today.

Was looking at the options of attachments to the spare wheel carrier on the back of the Patrol but these start at about $180. Looked at the round thingies for long handled shovels attached to the roof racks but this doesn't work for "D handled" spades and axe handles which are not round.

Found the ideal thing and want to let all of you in on it just in case you don't already know .... please go easy on me if this is old news.

For $20 for 2 at ARB I purchased 4 rubber holders called "Quick Fist" which will hold these 2 objects (haven't tried yet in anger) and they seem to be the answer to what I was after. Thought the revelation might be of interest to others.

$20 for 2. Try these websites www.enroad.com or www.wfrfire.com/website/front/index.htm?/website/truck/tools/quickfist.htm&front

May be old news but I had been trying to find a solution for ages and perhaps others have to. The salesman explained he uses them for fishing rods on the racks and even to hold a torch on his cargo barrier.

Trevor
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Apr 29, 2005 at 23:01

Friday, Apr 29, 2005 at 23:01
Casnat,

Good on you mate. It's good to have such reference on ExplorOz for such gadgets.
One never knows when one needs exactly this solution.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 108878

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 13:11

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 13:11
Well Trevor I haven't seen them before. Think I know where I could use a couple too. You may have saved me some grief.

Thanks Mate
Duncs
AnswerID: 108925

Reply By: Member - 'Lucy' - Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 16:05

Saturday, Apr 30, 2005 at 16:05
Piranah in Melbourne have them, sell them.

AnswerID: 108942

Reply By: Vince NSW - Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 07:31

Sunday, May 01, 2005 at 07:31
Thanks Trevor, this is just the Ducks guts. Been looking for just such a clamp.
If you come up with any other items, don't be afraid to post
Vince
AnswerID: 109033

Sponsored Links