Kia 4x4 TV commercial

Submitted: Friday, May 06, 2005 at 09:51
ThreadID: 22712 Views:2387 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy all, just flew back from Sydney after filming the new Kia Sorrento TV commercial. I was the precision driver on it, so I got a couple of brand new Sorrento's to flog throughout the Southern Highlands of NSW for 5 days.

Well, I was very rude about them at the start, but I've had to change my tune. They were a surprisingly good little bus both on and off the road. They certainly do have a useful low range and the LSD was very effective. With the 3.5l 24V V6 and auto they went some very surprising places. We had a Rangie, HJ75 troopie, lifted 100 series and a GU 3.0l auto as support vehicles and the Kia had no problems keeping up or leading, however the back end can step out a bit over corrugations when you least expect it. Give them some decent AT's and a bit of a lift and some people may be very surprised. I was. As a cheap all-rounder, not bad at all.

May have to test drive one of those turbo diesel Terracans now.

BTW speaking of surprises, there'll be 'a big one' at the end of this ad too! (and I don't write 'em)

And the normal disclaimer for the record - I have no affiliation with 'Kia' whatsoever (or any other car company for that matter) and do not stand to gain or benefit from them financially, or otherwise, in the future.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Friday, May 06, 2005 at 12:24

Friday, May 06, 2005 at 12:24
Was this the "thing" that was written up by one of the major 4wd rags recently? It got relatively good press. Perhaps a rethink of some of the pretenders might be in order for me also. Can't see me fitting recovery and water and fuel in the back tho :))
AnswerID: 110010

Follow Up By: V8Diesel - Friday, May 06, 2005 at 13:15

Friday, May 06, 2005 at 13:15
Don't know about the reviews Footloose.

Not what I'd choose for a long range off track/road tourer of course, but for someone who wants a nimble, easy to drive city car with heaps of poke that's quite capable off-road it wasn't bad at all. Really surprising little rig.

However, I certainly can't see myself replacing the trusty GU Patrol and V8 Cruiser at any stage in the near future.
FollowupID: 366604

Sponsored Links