Mt. Mulligan. CREB track Kuranda-Pt Douglas

Submitted: Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 17:29
ThreadID: 22748 Views:3890 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are going to NQ in June. I would like to go to Mt Mulligan as I last visited the place 45 plus years ago. Has anyone been there lately and where did you stay?

The CREB track too. We just drove thru last time( avery long time ago!) but I hear you have to get permission now.

I would also like to drive the 4WD track that runs from Kuranda up towards Pt Douglas. I would appreciate any comments on any of the above.

Thanks Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rob from Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 19:44

Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 19:44
Hi Jim,
Not much accomm Mulligan way. You could probably stay in Atherton or Herberton and do day trips to Mulligan, Triconnell Mine and Irvine Bank areas. The CREB tack is closed for the extended wet weather we are having but should be open in June.
Black Mountain Road runs from just east of Kuranda and runs thru to Julaten. Permit reqired from NPWS FOC. You can then drive down the Rex Range to either Mossman or Port. East Black Mountain Road and the bump track to Craigle is closed and has been for some time. Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 110202

Reply By: Strawbs - Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 22:15

Saturday, May 07, 2005 at 22:15
G'day Jim ,
just adding a bit to Rob's info , did a quick Google on Mt Mulligan , they have some accomidation , don't know about camping , but the link should help you .. http://www.divethereef.com/Suppliers/12.asp

Hope its of some help , enjoy your trip into Gods country !!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 110238

Reply By: Toy_Hilux - Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 19:14

Sunday, May 08, 2005 at 19:14
Hi Jim,

Can camp at Mt Mulligan beside the dam. Just ring the owners first. I was up there in Dec/Jan. Also,if you want to get off the beaten you can get up to the tablelands via a back road going up the range behind Kennedy(near Cardwell) towards Blencoe Falls then going across to Ravenshoe. (A rather pleasent drive on dirt tracks and some pretty log bridges) If you want more information email me on kcartwri@bigpond.net.au. We are fairly local to the area.

Darryl
AnswerID: 110333

Sponsored Links