Bushtracker or Trackmaster

Submitted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 17:40
ThreadID: 22978 Views:8423 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
No i am not ready to part with my CT but as there is quite a long lead time to getting a B ushtracker or Trackmaster i am starting to do the reserch have alresdy been to BT factory and done the first inspection, was suprise to hear that they do not have any to test tow, and the staff seem to know little about how they handle ecept for feed back from clients i thought they would have done some sort of testing, has anyone been down this road that could advise and save me some brain damage.
Regards
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 18:56

Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 18:56
goodday para
i see by your profile your a vks member there is an interesting article in the latest mag about bushtracker
its worth a read
steve
AnswerID: 111279

Reply By: TroopyTracker - Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 19:01

Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 19:01
Para,
Don't know who you spoke to at BTi but both directors of Bushtracker (Tracey and Steve) have their own vans and have towed them more than most.

As for comparing vans I'd obviously favour the BT but I don't particularly dislike the Trackmaster. I'll say this though, Trackmaster weren't able to even say hello at the Melbourne show even though I stood in one of their vans for about 20mins watching promotional video. They made a point of talking to others on the stand. Guess I'm not old enough to look like I could afford one of there vans.

If you check out first hand how each van is put together, compare how you're treated I think you'll know what to buy. Once I saw the BT's being built my mind was made up.

You might like to consider Phoenix and Kedron also. There is also an owners group for Bushtrackers at http://www.bushtrackerownersgroup.asn.au/Forum/Default.asp

Sorry don't know how to post links, but this site will give you access to heaps of owners. There's also a Kedron and a Phoenix forum but last time I checked both were fairly innactive.
Cheers
Matt

AnswerID: 111280

Reply By: motherhen - Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 22:17

Saturday, May 14, 2005 at 22:17
We spent many years admiring people's various rigs, but once we saw a Bushtracker, nothing else compared. Depends where you want to take a van how tough you need it to be. The BT is a heavy van, but built to last. We bought our 2nd (rather 3rd or 4th) hand - it is much travelled as still looks near new.
AnswerID: 111295

Reply By: Member - Ross (ACT) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:21

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:21
Para,

I've moved from 3 different camper trailers to a Trakmaster. There is no doubting the finish on the Bushtracker but with me it comes down to weight, size and where I would like to travel in the future. Unfortunately the Bushtracker did not measure up for what I want to do. Bushtracker were displaying a nice new 16' echo van in Sydney at the show but it was still 400kgs (unladen) heavier than my Trakmaster...All depends what sort of travel you want to do.

Best of luck.
AnswerID: 111840

Sponsored Links