WARN versus BRAWN

Submitted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 16:37
ThreadID: 23001 Views:2003 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I'm in the market for a new Warn XD9000 and would appreciate feedback as to what the FAIR going price is. That is, when I get a quote from ARB or TJM or XYZ or whoever (Sydney), it'd be helpful to know in advance whether they're having a lend of me or not. And, yes, I just checked the Archives from 1/1/04 and the closest fit was #18305, but it didn't address the Warn, only the Brawn.

I like the Brawn in so much as the 40kg is not a permanent dead weight sitting on the bull bar but if I stall in a water crossing there's the added time of getting the Brawn out from storage, shackling the straps under water (ok if not muddy) and THEN starting recovery - say a minimum extra 5 minutes for the crocs to chew off a leg or the 4by to be washed downstream. Has anybody used a Brawn in these circumstances and if so what is your reaction please.
DB
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Coops (WA) - Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 18:35

Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 18:35
Be wary that the Brawn is not suited for an ARB Bull Bar if that's what you have fitted and some modifications will be required.
Am contemplating going down this path myself so will be watching this thread carefully
AnswerID: 111359

Follow Up By: Member - DickyBeach - Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 20:36

Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 20:36
Thanks Coops, do I presume the modifications would be to allow the Brawn strap to be attached?
DB
FollowupID: 367715

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (WA) - Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 20:42

Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 20:42
Got Your Message the other day but for some reason i cant reply. Hope their was as much rain in Kal as we had at Widgiemooltha. Rod W posted some co ords from his trip which I will plot up on my maps as It is an Area i want to visit. Will be back on thursday morning and will try and catch up
FollowupID: 367716

Reply By: 80scruiser - Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 20:37

Sunday, May 15, 2005 at 20:37
I have a brawn fitted to my ARB deluxe bar and you have to space it out a fraction. They are the same body dimensions as the Ox, T Max etc.
I used mine this motning up at the Watagans and it worked perfectly. I am very happy with them.
I am also a reseller. You can get in contact with me lonards@bigpond.net.au
AnswerID: 111377

Reply By: prado-wolf - Monday, May 16, 2005 at 09:16

Monday, May 16, 2005 at 09:16
I have a Brawn 9500 in my ARB bullbar on the prado. Had to do some welding to get my one in but i believe if you rotate the clutch leaver you can just bolt it in place. The Brawn works fine for me but i must say that my one was NOT waterproof and subsequently Brawn in dandenong had to rebuilt it after 18 month. Lots of water in the Motor end. I know that sounds bad but on the bright side i have to say that the guys in Dandenong were tops, no questions asked , no trouble. A few days after i dropped it in it was fixed and hopefully now sealed.
AnswerID: 111407

Sponsored Links