On the suject of vehicle control and responcibility

Submitted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 10:08
ThreadID: 23087 Views:2014 Replies:9 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day all,
Interesting morning..... while driving to work this morning I get hit up the back of my Prado by a young woman ( on P plates ). No damage to my H&R adjustable tow hitch, but a big hole in her Mazda's bumber. Nothing new, except she had been behind me for about 5 - 10k, having a conversation on her mobile. It gets better .... while I'm standing there listening to her reasoning for hitting me ( I stopped to fast!?!!), she gets hit from behind. I quickly look behind her car to see the clown that hit her, peering over his morning paper.
The cop and I agreed, some people are idiots!
I hope my day gets better from here.
Regards,
Bazza.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan- Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:02

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:02
A perfect start to the day .......... 2 idiots in one go.
I was hit from behind on a roundabout before mobiles were invented, by a mechanic supposedly testing a new buzz box.
A bit of damage to the back of the Triumph I was driving but major work needed to the new car he was in, by my rear bumper and towbar.
His boss was John Hughes who is the owner of one of the biggest dealerships in Perth and he paid for a hire car for me for the week, but I don't know if the mechanic lived to tell the tale or not!
From the looks his boss gave him I suspect his career with him ended abruptly.
AnswerID: 111766

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:04

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:04
but it will go down in the figures as another 4wd accident.
AnswerID: 111768

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 15:39

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 15:39
That's right, a 4wd "related" accident. Just like if a smoker is holding a ciggi while crossing the road and get's hit by a car it's a "smoking related" accident.

Speed related. Well there's a good one. What speed were you doing? It MUST be "speed related" then, you were doing a speed weren't you!!?
FollowupID: 368160

Reply By: Member - Ray - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:23

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:23
Had a great laugh myself last Fri. Pulled out of my parking spot in Bunnings carpark,turned left, still in first gear and WHACK .A young D**head in a beat up commode slams into the side of the Patrol. As I jump out and start to abuse him I notice a heap of front end bits from his car on the ground. Apparently he hit my rear wheel and the rotation tore everything off. When I stopped laughing I asked him why he did not see me."I was looking out the back" But you were driving forward you fool I said. The idiot had the nerve to say "nobleepsherlock" so thats when I really started to bleep myself laughing.I just drove home.
AnswerID: 111770

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:49

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 11:49
Baza,

It's just got to get better hey?
AnswerID: 111773

Reply By: Wizard1 - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 12:24

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 12:24
It was obviously your fault because you have 4WD.

I too had the unfortunate experience of some screaming banshee trying to tell me where I had gone wrong (seems checking mirrors is voluntary in WA)....so we exchanged details I just got back in the Prado and drove home while she waited for a tow truck....karma! Big 4WD truck will win fight with little Hyundai.

Wizard
Prado TD
gold Coast

AnswerID: 111778

Follow Up By: Capt. Wrongway - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 12:53

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 12:53
I just noticed in todays Sydney Daily Telegraph "Debate", that Scrubydo has once again voiced his opinions. Maybe I could send him my story and see how he justifies that it could be my fault?!
It the old story ... never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Especialy one that sells papers.
Regards,
Bazza.
FollowupID: 368136

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 15:41

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 15:41
LMAO, I just got a letter back from the Privacy Comissioner regarding a complaint I lodged against Scruby. They didn't end up taking the complaint any further than their preliminary investigation as he didn't meat some of the requirments set out by the law in which I complained about, however he did have to provide them a small mountin of paperwork to prove this, so that alone has satisfied me that I've wasted some of his time, time he would have otherwise used on his pathetic anti 4wd vendetta.
FollowupID: 368162

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 19:00

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 19:00
Jeff
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
FollowupID: 368196

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:16

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:16
Last week, my lovely bride visited the panel shop in our Patrol to book it in for some more work... upon leaving she was second at the end of the lane to exit onto the road when the car in front of her, a hatch from a local Auto Parts store, suddenly and without warning OR looking reversed back and slammed into our bull bar! No damage to the Nissan.... heaps to the hatch.... she was straight on the phone to the guys boss... saying "He hit me NOT me hit him!!!!!!" LOL....
AnswerID: 111837

Reply By: Member - Chris L (QLD) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 21:48

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 21:48
hi // here's one for you all we had a L300 4wd van it's colour being tiger miga bright as and guess what we got hit on the left side .... please tell me is it that hard to see something that looks like a block of units is so hard to see????????????????????????????????????? cheers chris
AnswerID: 111854

Reply By: G-wizz - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 21:58

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 21:58
Understandably for a forum such as this, the reaction to the coroners comment about 4WD vehicles has been quite defensive. A more 'balanced' discussion can be found on the ABC network science forum in this thread.
AnswerID: 111856

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 12:24

Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 12:24
G-wizz, would you expect any other kind of reaction other than deffensive to the one eyed, un educated tripe that the particular coroner in question dribbled?

Nothing that she said can be backed up by any factual information and the media picked it up and ran with it because they know that it's a hot topic.
FollowupID: 368268

Reply By: motherhen - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:20

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:20
For year i drove one of our earlier landcruisers; "Big Red" was fire engine red, and you have no idea how many people backed into me, or pulled out onto the street i was driving down (i swerved to avoid collision; sometimes very thankful a truck wasn't coming the other way). Non 4wd drivers must look only low and only see the white motorised-wheelbarrow type cars. If the hit Big Red, they came of worse than me, and a few dents didn't matter - "Hero marks" to a 4wd who'd won that round.
AnswerID: 111862

Sponsored Links