Tanami tourer tent

Submitted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 17:23
ThreadID: 23097 Views:4255 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Have just got some pictures from dgi marketing re their Tanami touring tent (imported seconds). Looks good but the floor looks to be made of a very cheap material compared to say the Freedom / SC tents

Anyone have any feedback on this?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard & Leonie - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 17:51

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 17:51
I hate to think what the seconds are like. No guarantee with them. I bought an Australian made one and it leaked like a sieve. The manufacturers replaced the tent with a new one with no arguement. I have not had a chance to test it other than with a hose. It didn't leak with a hose on it but the proof of the pudding is with camping in wet weather. The floor of the ozzie one is excellent. The overall design is excellent with terrific head clearance. It is quick to put up. Do a search of the site for more comments. By the way if you live in Sydney or close you can buy my absolutely new and unused one for half price. We have decided to buy an offroad camper trailer. (Its an old age thing.)
AnswerID: 111821

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:42

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 20:42
Like Richard and Leonie, I had the Aussie made one and it also leaked like a sieve on my trip to Tasmania in January of this year. I ended up getting my money back, and bought the latest Oztent, which is fantastic.

But ... I bought a factory second Tanami from eBay because I still think in terms of room and height they are one of the best around. The floor on the "second" is a bit thin, but I have annexe matting that goes under it so it becomes less of an issue. I always had a tarp to put over the Tanami as well.

If you get the second .. spend the time to work on sealing the seams. I have done that with my "second" and it has been good on two wet weekend trips. Very minor leak only on one time that the tarp was not up.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 111844

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:04

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:04
Eric has 2 of them he took to the gathering in Murray sunset.

for the price, if they leaked (which they didnt!) you could flog em on ebay for more than double the price.

Im gettin one soon, they are cheaper than Dome tents, and 1/2 the hassle to put up!
AnswerID: 111858

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:39

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:39
We got some of the first ones off Doug, they need a bit of waterproofing on the seams, an easy job, and they work quiet well, a real steal for the money Doug is asking, and the other guys who got them at the same time have used them alot, even for kids to camp in the back yard over school holidays, and they were fine.
AnswerID: 111871

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:45

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:45
yea mailed him earlier today again about them.

what did you use to seal your seams?
FollowupID: 368218

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:47

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 22:47
Seam sealer of course..... ;-)))
FollowupID: 368219

Sponsored Links