New Cruiser / Patrol Prices

Submitted: Monday, May 30, 2005 at 08:17
ThreadID: 23409 Views:1926 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings All,
Just wondering what are some of the better prices that people are negotiating with their local dealers to buy STD Cruisers(4.2 dsl) or DX Patrols (4.2 dsl/ 3.0 dsl)?
I am fairly isolated in WA and the dealer here is giving by-the-book rrp prices and I think that at this time of the year - i.e. end of financial year, that there should be some decent discounting going on.
If anyone has been doing some haggling let us know here. I am mainly after an indication as to what sort of discount i can expect.
Thanks
Quartzy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jayson - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 08:21

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 08:21
Quartzy

Try http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Toyota/Toyota-Landcruiser-100-STD-Diesel.cfm

Cheers
Jayson
Karratha WA
AnswerID: 113521

Follow Up By: Quartzy - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 08:24

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 08:24
Thanks Jason!
I have visited this site before and noticed that a lot of the discounts had "Discount may vary in WA" written under them. So that got me wondering what people were actually getting.
Cheers
Quartzy
FollowupID: 369605

Reply By: Dog (NT) - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:51

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 19:51
I just bought a 3.0dsl ST-S and got $51K, with bullbar, 9000lb winch, snorkel and a few other little items. Thats in Darwin, but I went through a fleet leasing mob, saved HEAPS, original quote was around $65K
AnswerID: 113620

Reply By: joc45 - Monday, May 30, 2005 at 22:03

Monday, May 30, 2005 at 22:03
That'd be right! "Discount may vary in WA", the cocky b@$tard$. In WA, I think a certain vehicle distributor has been done more than once for price-fixing.
Note Dog's comment (below); Geez, if all your efforts to screw down a good price fail in WA, I'd spend the money to drive to another state for a deal, if only to shove it up their noses. You'd save a heap, and get a holiday in the bargain.
When I was getting nowhere, I just told them I was serious, gave them my number and told them to ring me when they came to their senses. They did.
Gerry
AnswerID: 113644

Reply By: Croozer - Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 00:30

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 00:30
Quartzy,
We bought our new Jan 04 model LC TD100 after ordering it late 03. I am in Sydney but my folks while travelling had seen a dealer in central aust advertising big discounts on new cars. I phoned the dealer who gave me a price straight up that was way under everyone elses quote. While I do not live in the NT and therefore could not register it, I could have bought the car without rego etc. and had it transported to Syd, however I thought if a NT dealer can do that price so can a NSW dealer. I emailed about 10 dealers around NSW and told them what I was quoted and if they could match it they had a deal. The next day one of them called me, said they could do the deal on an 04 plated vehicle, must have been the easiest sale they had ever done!!! and everyone happy, they even threw in a couple of extras.
If you know exactly what you want this is what I would do, it worked for me.

Good luck
Stu
AnswerID: 113660

Reply By: 4X4Treker - Thursday, Jun 02, 2005 at 23:45

Thursday, Jun 02, 2005 at 23:45
Just picked up my new STL Patrol and did much the same as Dog and was very pleased with the $53K price tag instead of $67K I am in Adelaide and my local dealer was full of crap and would not talk serious so I went looking else where around Adelaide and got a good deal with lots of extra's thrown in.
Nissan is in its end of year sale mode at the moment and good discounts are out there if you push the dealers.
Just as a side line I personally would not go near a DX as for a little more outlay you get a lot of extra's when you buy an ST
Happy car hunting
Treker
AnswerID: 114173

Sponsored Links