Best after market springs??

Submitted: Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:36
ThreadID: 23817 Views:2157 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This one may cause some debate but i'm intending a 2" lift kit next month and would like some insight into what the brains trust believe to be 'the best' springs/shockies setup for a gu patrol (dual cab convervsion). have got $ on lovells and kings and others and all claim to be the best???????????. any input would be appreciated
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:13

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:13
Well I reckoned my Ironman springs were great on my GQ, and price wise very good, I have OME's on my GU and am very happy with them, would have had Ironman on them if I could have remembered the name when I was buying them.

Depends on your price range I reckon, have heard good things from all you mentioned, one thing I have had mentioned is to match the shockies and springs.

Good luck
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 115528

Reply By: squiz - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 15:05

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 15:05
Terrain tamer say there springs are made by lovell springs.
Very good price anyway, and happy with them for last 3 months.
AnswerID: 115541

Reply By: Exploder - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 18:27

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 18:27
Got Lovell’s and happy with them, Ride is Excellent

They are made by Lovell and bagged, as Lovell so there is no mystery about where the product really came from.

Also when I rang the supplier about a VERRY MINOR issue 3 months after they were fitted, concerns were addressed over the phone and they said brig the car down when it was convenient for me and they will check it.

It all turned out 100% ok; the fitter even had a chat to me about the set up on his Ute.

AnswerID: 115564

Reply By: Member - Browny (VIC) - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 18:50

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 18:50
Daeno,

I've had Kings and Konis on my GU for about twelve months an ideal combination for a 2 inch lift.

Browny
AnswerID: 115571

Reply By: ADM - Tuesday, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:27

Tuesday, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:27
I beleive there are only 3 production manufactures of springs in Australia, so who ever you choose they would probably be made by either King, Lovells or Dobinson. From what I have seen and heard they are all very similar when it comes to performance.

If you can afford them go for Koni shocks, IMO they are the best around. I have travelled to the Cape, Kakadu, Simpson, Arnham Land and they have never missed a beat. If you intend on carrrying heavy loads you would be better of using the new 88 series shock. I have these on a GU CC and they are excellent.

Cheers
AnswerID: 115657

Sponsored Links