Trailers in FINKE gorge N/P

Submitted: Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 17:30
ThreadID: 23826 Views:1730 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Soon we are not going to Nth Qld we have decided to head nth same were around alice then maybe make our way to Birdsville than home but we want to go through the Finke gorge but i have heard that c/t are not allowed in is this true or not.cheer's GREENDOG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: johnsy1 - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:05

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 20:05
There's no law saying you cant as far as I know but unless you are VERY experienced in sand driving you will face a uphill battle.How ever pete you can leave your trailer in Alice atthe C/park and do a 2 day 1 night trip to Finke and Palm Valley.
AnswerID: 115578

Follow Up By: kev.h - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 21:21

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 21:21
Palm Valley usually is no problem with a good off road trailer and low tyre pressures likewise Fink George is ok to Boggy Hole but beyond that i'm not too sure about trailers i towed mine into both last year no problems I would suggest you are better off with two cars if going past boggy hole always check with the locals or others at the c/van parks someone has always just been there and are happy to tell of their adventure
cheers Kev
FollowupID: 371232

Reply By: mfewster - Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 21:52

Monday, Jun 13, 2005 at 21:52
Palm Valley- no problem. Owen Springs Rd, no problem.
At the Hermansberg end of the Boggy Creek Hole rd is a sign giving advice on the road and includes "No Trailers". Having done it three weeks ago, I'd be inclined to follow the advice. The conditions can vary considerably, depending on weather and the amount of traffic that has carved it up. We have just had rain here. Might help, might not. The rangers had to go in and rescue some stranded travellers about a month ago. Personally. I wouldn't want to try to explain why I had ignored the sign.
AnswerID: 115613

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Tuesday, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:40

Tuesday, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:40
This Q has been asked before several times and with no personall xperience I will sum up that it can be done BUT ONLY WITH A VERYGOOD CAMPER AND EXPERIENCED CAMPERTRAILOR DRIVER . you be the judge
AnswerID: 115634

Sponsored Links