Kings Canyon Vs King River

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 21:00
ThreadID: 24070 Views:1708 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Help us choose the best site for us! We would like some info on each of these camps so that we can pick the one that best matches our needs. We will have camper trailers and kids with us. Travelling as a group of three vehicles and wanting to walk the Canyon etc. We do not need power necessarily. would prefer nicely grassed campsites and as always, clean amenities. Help us if you can!

Bundy

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gramps - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 21:39

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 21:39
Bundy,

Both have both (or at least they did in May). They both get very crowded especially when the backpacker hordes arrive by the bus load.
AnswerID: 116806

Reply By: pmacks - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:12

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:12
Gday Bundy,
i can only comment on the kings canyon resort, very clean, very tidy great spot. BUT yes there is always a but with out dougbt they were the biggest most unpleasant @#%^&$#@ i have ever had the misfourtune to deal with, we were with a group and we had four camper trailers and they proceeded to squeeze us onto two sites and piggy back power and still pay full price not because they were full it just how we do it they said and if you dont like it go elsewhere.
I could not bring myself to recommend them. Mind you i have heard others rave about the place
Pmacks
AnswerID: 116850

Reply By: Hairy - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:28

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:28
If your talking about Kings Canyon resort vs Kings Creek Station, stay at the station.
Its not as flash as the resort and theres no pub but heaps nicer people run it (because they own it!) and the money stays with the locals not some massive company who realy doesent give a rats about the tourists. Besides the Conways were there first.
Cheers
AnswerID: 116858

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:32

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:32
I have only been to Kings Kanyon and i believe it is something you cannot miss. It is an oasis in the desert. To see it fully it does require a bit of walking. When i was there a few years ago, you could drive a fair distance into the canyon but i believe it has been stopped now. Enjoy!!!! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 116860

Reply By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 18:09

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 18:09
Stayed at Kings Creek Station and would also highly reccomend it.We had a private,shaded, grassed area and loved our stay there.(this is the second time we've stayed there)The only down side was that all the women went on a sunset camel ride leaving us blokes to cook tea-shock-for them on their return.
AnswerID: 116935

Sponsored Links