Speakers for 2005 Hilux

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 22:14
ThreadID: 24128 Views:18616 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Looking at changing over the front speakers on 2005 hilux SR dualcab. Before I go pulling off bits , does anyone know the size of the front speakers.
Thanks
AG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 06:57

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 06:57
Hi AG

In my old lux I had 6 inch ...but rip em out and get some splits with pods facing upwards....the sound is really good and doesn't get muffled and after all the sound needs to go to your ears not your feet :)
AnswerID: 117184

Reply By: vitara - Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 08:18

Friday, Jun 24, 2005 at 08:18
Hi Ag I think the new 05 are 4 inch thats all you need unless your going to be in a sound off comp. Mate typical late model stereo's in the hilux are great if matched to a good set of speakers. I've 6 inch up front (Hilux I'm talking about) mounted in the doors (previous shape) sounds great as said no point pointing to the floor.My original ones are mounted in the grills either side of the dash sound sh@t house. My 6 inch are only $80 pioneer.Have Fun Take care Vitara
AnswerID: 117197

Reply By: time waster - Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 07:58

Saturday, Jun 25, 2005 at 07:58
i took the rear door trim off to see what can fit in the rear and the hole size for the speaker iis 150mm also the speaker cable is already there and connected
AnswerID: 117366

Reply By: owenia - Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 17:57

Monday, Jun 27, 2005 at 17:57
G'day AG.

Have had my SR5 completely re-rigged by SYDNEY ACCOUSTICS on Botany road (at that stage before they were burnt out in the "biggest fire Sydney has seen").

Had the header replaced with my kenwood; two new Pioneer 4" placed in the original holes in the doors but they had no tweeter; tweeters stick out of the plastic triangle near the corner of the windows closest to the dash; two new speakers to replace the six watts generously donated by toyota - with two 150 watters.

The last and most important peice (aside from the amp underneath the driver's seat) was the 10 inch sub woofer behind the back seat. Yes, one fits in !! Very worth while.

Don't worry too much about the notion of a subwoofer and bouncing down the roadbleeppeople off...this is a mild subby and gives really beautiful tone to any music...particularly later recordings.

I can't recommend the Sydney Accoustics people enough. Although, I don't know where the bloody hell they are now ! bit of a bugger really because all my work and gear is still under warranty some 12 months later. If you were particularly concerned about the system, ask someone if having an amp and other gear on the floor is going to be a problem with river crossings. I haven't even got a snorkel for my petrol engine yet.

regards
Owenia (a northern nsw rainforest tree with a grain more attractive than the original 'red gold' of red cedar.)
AnswerID: 117752

Sponsored Links