toyota yer right

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:15
ThreadID: 24298 Views:1603 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
i brought a 93 toyota trayback for work, put me maverick wagon on the market .
well since i have had the ute i have done nothing but spend money on it, and now deisel the price it is i have decided to put it on the market and go back to the maverick which hasn't sold luckly and is duel fuel. i was all ways against toyota's but got talked around by everone i know that has one, but i can tell you i have gone back to my way of thinking and will never own another one. should have stayed with nissan like i was going to. well we all learn some how don't we.. and we all have our likes and dislikes for vehicles as well.
peter d
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: peter d - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:17

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:17
don't know why that went on twice
peter d
AnswerID: 118105

Reply By: Exploder - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:54

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:54
First up I am not a Toyota or Nissan biased, I think they are both good reliable 4WD’s

But if you buy a 12-year-old truck possibly with high K’s on it you are just asking for problems, bugger what you have been told I would of stuck with the Mav and good on yah for realising the mistake and getting back your mav in time.
AnswerID: 118111

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:52

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:52
Agree,

I don't understand brand loyalty. Ford, Holden, Mitsubishi etc etc have never done anything for me, I've done something for them: bought their cars. I've owned plenty of different cars and still have no loyalty to any brand.

After 24 years of owning all sorts of makes (and happy with most) I bought an Hyundai. Happy with it as well.

Buying a 12 year old car is a lottery. I'd blame its problems on what it has done, not what make it is.

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 373733

Reply By: Member-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:57

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 19:57
G'day Peter ,
seems a bit of bad luck here , you can't blame the type of car on the way it may or may not have been looked after , ( i'll keep my Pajero ) but you have to remember you have bought it second hand , so who knows what's happened to it ,, then the price of deisel , has me beat why it is the price it is as it takes half the refining that petrol takes and it still is an oil , but the difference in the economy between the two , i know what i'll have for the few cents more you pay you get far more Ks/l , thus giving you a saving depending on the size of your foot !!
all the best Neil !

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 118114

Reply By: Phillydom - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 21:41

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 21:41
Hi Peter......I am a toyota man myself and I love it....but I think that nissan's are pretty good too...I guess it is just what you are comfortable with no matter what it is......over time you build up confidence in a vehicle and it becomes part of yourself.....like in the old days with a man and his horse and or his dog!!!
keep the faith....keep 4wdriving.
AnswerID: 118139

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 21:58

Wednesday, Jun 29, 2005 at 21:58
your not the first to buy an ex miner and regret it. These things get flogged off by auction by the truckload over here in the west and are bought by dealers nationwide and coz they are usually low ks they are worth spending the cash dollying them up. A 94 would have been out of the mines for a while but it makes no difference they require constant maintanence by the time they leave the mine. Best way to check is to try and dig somé dust.dried mud out of the chasis through the holes there and taste it if it tastes like salt more than likely it is from the Eastern Goldfields - run!! It is very hard to find utes in top nick as most are either ex miners or have been comercially threashed somehow - the price of being the toughest comercial vehicle on the market
AnswerID: 118143

Reply By: rudu - Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 16:01

Friday, Jul 01, 2005 at 16:01
I bought a nissan tray top diesel 92 90000km on the clock, everyone said they go for 400000km before you touch them.the thing was gutless blew smoke that the batmobile would be proud off, the vacum booster went the clutch went so the car went to. theres good and bad in every make you just have to be lucky.

If you find a good one keep it.
AnswerID: 118425

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:14

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:14
great believer in the lemon factor. Some makes have more than others but all have them and they just keep on costing while others just keep on purring
FollowupID: 373732

Sponsored Links