On the Road again ....

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:33
ThreadID: 24379 Views:2037 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day,
one more sleep and I'll be on my way :-))
To the Centre first, then across to Perth, taking the Gunbarrel, then north to the Pilbara, Kimberley and Bungle Bungle and a short rest when I get to Darwin at the end of August.
From there then through Litchfield & Kakadu, back to the Centre and via the Oodnadatta Track to the Flinders.
I should be back home by the End of September.
Cheers,
Mike
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: trendy - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:48

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:48
Oh Mike, all this talk of people galabanting around the countryside makes me oh so jealous but if I work hard pay my dues it will soon be my turn.
Have a safe and wonderful trip and will look forward to your trip updates.
Regards one very jealous Trevor.
AnswerID: 118571

Reply By: Member - Marion C (VIC) - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:54

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:54
Mike have a great time keep safe and enjoy can't wait to hear all about the adventure I am so jealous. See ya Marion
Talawana
VKS Selcall 2691

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 118573

Reply By: Member - Robyn J (QLD) - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:56

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 19:56
Hi Mike
Just got back from some of those areas. If you get a chance go into Barn Hill Station just north of Port Smith about 100 or so ks south of Broome and make it a weekend. They have a 3 course meal with soup, roast & vegies and sweets for $12.50 on a Sunday night. The main course was so huge that one plate would have been enough to feed the 2 of us. They also have pizzas delivered by quad bike to your door for $12.50 every night at the moment. Who says camping out is roughing it. We didnt put the boat in because it was rainy and windy at first - the rain that flooded the Gibb River Road, Tannami and then into Qld for the Plenty. We fished off the beach and caught salmon.The beach which is a beautiful for just walking along and collecting shells and rocks. It has unusual large rock formations which really look great with the sun setting on them. Just found it a lovely stop for a couple of days.
Jenkie

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 118574

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 20:43

Saturday, Jul 02, 2005 at 20:43
Mike
thanks very much for that.
I really will need to go and throw the keys in the dam, lest I do something impulsive.

Have a great trip.
AnswerID: 118580

Sponsored Links