Sand Man , Bloomfield track

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 24, 2005 at 20:55
ThreadID: 25014 Views:1857 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Sorry Sand Man , didn't get much of a chance to get many photo's on the weekend , was raining and the wind ,, blow a moungral dod off its chain ,, a few trees down and lots of mud , came back the same way today and its a lot dryer , its a good run , you'll enjoy it in a fer weeks , worst thing is the bituman goes past Cape Trib these days , i put 5 pics up in my rig , not the best , got most on video ,all the best ,
Neil.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: eerfree - Sunday, Jul 24, 2005 at 22:42

Sunday, Jul 24, 2005 at 22:42
Neil
Came down the Bloomfield Track in June (Prado and Phoenix) rained from Rossville to Cairns. Yes! it did get very interesting in a couple of places and you are right about the wind I took the same photo of Archer Point but had to steady the camera on the foundations of the old lighthouse!!
eerfree.
AnswerID: 121860

Follow Up By: Member-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 21:00

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 21:00
G'day eerfree , we had showers for a few days befor and rain most of the way up , so we had a few fun spots , the track is fairley good these days , but with the wind we were getting there was a few small trees down ,, as for Archer Point , was there Xmas 2003 , the water was as flat as a tack , over the weekend you were flat out standing up , we had gail warnings most of the week ,, one of the prices we pay to live in paradise !!
All the best Neil ..

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 377358

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Jul 25, 2005 at 07:54

Monday, Jul 25, 2005 at 07:54
Hey!,

Check out Neil's Rig Photo's.

There's a couple of pictures of an unfortunate 4BY doing a wet run.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 121879

Reply By: Member - John C (QLD) - Monday, Jul 25, 2005 at 21:54

Monday, Jul 25, 2005 at 21:54
A few years since I was up there.
Is that Bloomfield crossing still a loose stone causeway?
Subject to high tide?
It used to be over a metre deep at high tide, but only shallow at low tide.

Can't clearly make it out in your photos. Looks like it has been improved.
AnswerID: 122017

Follow Up By: Member-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 20:50

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2005 at 20:50
G'day John C ,
this was the first time we have been all the way through , been in from both ends , yes , the causeway is now concrete , it was upgraded a few years ago , still very subject to tides and flooding which i think a bit of both was this chappy's problem , the bituman goes all the way to Cape Trib and the track is now mostly a formed road , not the challenge it was , such is progress !!

All the best ,, Neil ..

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 377356

Sponsored Links