Snorkel Fabrication - Sydney

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2643 Views:2138 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am desparately trying to locate an exhaust fabricator that is willing to design, make and install a snorkel on my 1999 Pathfinder. I know there are many other Pathfinder owners who would flock in droves to anyone who could do this job competently as none of the majors make a snorkel for this vehicle. Does anyone know of any company/person based in the Sydney area that they think might be interested in having a go? Many people have told me that a truck or sports exhaust place is the one to ask - I have - and I'm either asking the wrong ones or don't know how to ask the question properly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Moggs
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allyn - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00
don't know how much help I can be to you mate but I have similar setup on my 80 series with a Donaldson pre-cleaner which works much better here in Pilbara than Safari Snorkel. Best I can offer is to take digital photos of my setup and send them to you if required.
One point to note is that my snorkel is on drivers side and with window down is a wee bit noisy but not unbearable.
AnswerID: 9885

Follow Up By: Member - Moggs - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00
Allyn - thanks for the offer of photos however I have sourced many from magazines to show fabricators. The noise of a drivers side snorkel wouldn't worry me - even if it was freight train volume - if I can hear it, it is there and at this point I am beginning to doubt that I'll ever have to worry about the wind noise with this vehicle.Moggs
FollowupID: 5151

Reply By: Truckster - Thursday, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00
Maybe try drawing up some plan of what you want and then taking that in..

Say I want pipe bent to this shape etc...
AnswerID: 9974

Follow Up By: Member - Moggs - Thursday, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00
Tried that - had a sketch and they all thought it would be too much work. Maybe it has more to do with this time of the year and not the work ie. winding down to xmas. Either way, I am still very interested in hearing if anyone has had a snorkel fabricated in Syd., or alternatively if someone knows a good exhaust maker that is keen to earn som $$
FollowupID: 5203

Reply By: Truckster - Friday, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:00
try www.outerlimits4x4.com the blokes there have custom snorkels, but the dribble you will go thru to get an answer...

Its a 'Carnage is good' 4x4 list...
AnswerID: 10002

Reply By: Member - Rohan - Thursday, Feb 13, 2003 at 22:05

Thursday, Feb 13, 2003 at 22:05
Moggs, if you get lucky, let me know. I've tried all the major manufactures (as you did, no doubt) and are likewise frustrated by their failure to provide an offering for this popular vehicle. They don't seem to realise its a serious 4wd driven by serious 4WDers. maybe if it were a little bigger and used more fuel ...

Rohan
AnswerID: 13074

Sponsored Links