Inskip point

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 13:32
ThreadID: 29366 Views:1903 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have recently heard there was a group of people at Inskip point causing trouble with other campers over the new year period. Due to this unsavoury behaviour I have been told the authorities want to close Inskip point to camping.

Is this information correct? Did anyone experience the occurances at Inskip over this period?

Cheers

G-Z
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: flappa - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 13:41

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 13:41
Heard it reported elsewhere.

Dont know anyone there but know a few people who visit regularily , who say its very real.

They are talking about raising Permit costs and limiting numbers , not closing it outright.
AnswerID: 146568

Reply By: Bros 1 - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 15:17

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 15:17
G-Z,
Instead of closing the place or raising the costs and limiting the campers, why don't they police the place a bit more and chuck out the unruly few. Just my opinion.
My better half and myself recently visited a camp site close to my home for a week. The first three days were bliss as we were the only ones there. Come the weekend and two blokes and their trail bikes turned up and that was the end of the peace for the next two days. They just tore up the dunes and the dirt roads around the place. What can you do and still have a chance of staying unharmed or even dead in the extreme circumstance if you say something to these people.
Sorry for the diatribe but it is one of my pet hates.
Cheers,
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 146587

Follow Up By: govo - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 17:20

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 17:20
Bros..it's amazing what a few well placed crackers will do ( did this a few times at Norville park already )
FollowupID: 400081

Follow Up By: Outbacktourer - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 17:48

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 17:48
I agree with you, unfortunately the response these days is to defuse the situation by bans rather than policing. Jetski's were banned off the harbour because of a few louts they could not be bothered catching, the Premier of NSW effectively closed a number of beaches in Sydney before Xmas, if that can happen who knows what else will. Unfortunately the rebel minority have little by little found out they can get away with almost anything. My pet hate too, sorry.
FollowupID: 400084

Reply By: Bros 1 - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 17:57

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 17:57
govo,
Yeah, i would be the unlucky one to do that and end up with my head crackered.
Hows the chaffcutter going?
Cheers,
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 146623

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 22:37

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 22:37
Hi,

Yes apparently there was some strife over the New Year weekend at Inskip reserve. The place was extremely crowded.

Premier Pete has come up with a suggestion that they will place tighter controls on the number of campers allowed into the area and also introduce some type of permit system for the entire Cooloola area. I believe he is thinking along the lines of approximately $100.00 per year for a vehicle service permit. Time will tell.
AnswerID: 146685

Sponsored Links