further to ipod post

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 19:34
ThreadID: 29882 Views:1356 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
goodday all
further to my query about ipods i ended up getting a 30gig ipod with a belken fm transmitter and an ipod cigarette lighter charger just been trying it out in the car seems ok
belken has the full range of fm could get an ipod adaptor transmitter but it only covered 4 channels of fm

wired for sound steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:49

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 20:49
Better watch your eardrums now!!!! :o)
AnswerID: 149689

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 02:29

Friday, Jan 20, 2006 at 02:29
I got a belken transmiter the other day and I am going to take it back....it's a piece of rubish and doesn't work for me. Only 4 channels and the ipod and transmitter needs to sit right under the radio.
AnswerID: 149764

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 16:30

Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 16:30
Guys,

After Roachie's "sales pitch" on the XtremeMac Airplay FM Transmitter, I ordered one early Friday morning (like 2am) and received it this morning (Monday)

Having tested it on the way to work this afternoon I have got to say it is an improvement on the Belkin Tunecast II I also have.

The Tunecast was ok I guess, but I also have experienced interference at times and had to move the iPod/Transmitter around.

I also didn't like the necessity to install AAA batteries in the Transmitter and the fact that I could only recharge the iPod via the Laptop.

The XtremeMac Airplay FM Transmitter is a one unit solution. It has a one metre lead to plug into the iPod's USB port and I have not experienced any interference so far.

You can please yourself whether you leave it laying on the console, or whereever, or attach a peice of self sticking Velco to fasten it to the dash somewhere.

I have got to say this device looks like a winner for simple playback of the iPod shuffle via the car's "boombox".
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 150330

Sponsored Links