New CT

Submitted: Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:43
ThreadID: 30038 Views:2188 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Gday everyone,wwe've just had a peek at our new Camper Trailer which is under construction at present and wifey and i were very impressed.
Steel work all nearly complete,just getting ready to fit the independent suspension,then the paint job and canvas work to be fitted,should be ready mid Feb.woo hoo.Took plenty of home work,catalogues,brochures and hairpulling ,but we have eventually settled on one that will be our home for 9 months.Once it's picked up we'll get amongst the solar issue later.Got a small cheap tinny the other day and we both spent this arvo(with a coldie) putting in a flat floor to the boat.
We settled on a 3.4m Stacer with a 15hp,she flies.Cant believe my mrs sometimes she's out there this arvo shouting out what lengths the marine ply has to be cut to etc,and helping me fit the floor and marine carpet etc.Took a while to find one like her! Anyway cheers to all and keep one in the fridge ,hoo roo.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:46

Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:46
"Cant believe my mrs sometimes she's out there this arvo shouting out what lengths the marine ply has to be cut to etc,and helping me fit the floor and marine carpet etc"

Least that way, if it's not right, you can cast the blame elsewhere???

Good work, both of you.

Wow.... 15 ponies on a 10 foot boat...WHOA!!!!!!

Cheers

Wolfie
AnswerID: 150436

Follow Up By: Member - uncle - Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:52

Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:52
Hi Wolfie,yeah it certainly moves out and the motor isnt run in yet! Had to get a couple of those plastic type marine seats today as well,our butts were a bit sore after the test ride we did the other day in a 30 knt Nor easter.
FollowupID: 403883

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:50

Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:50
Good on you Uncle!

Sounds like you are a little excited, and rightly so.

And isn't it easier when you are both in tune with what you are doing and how you are doing it.

You guys planned where you are taking the Camper for a "shake-down" trip?
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 150438

Follow Up By: Member - uncle - Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:57

Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:57
Hi Sandman,we will probably do a couple of test runs,one to Bendethra and the other to Merry beach NSW.Also would like to get back up to the Kanagra walls area again,had a great time up there a while back and would love to go in with the new ct.Knudsen Caravans at Nowra are building the CT with flip over boat rack, the whole bit.Cant wait for the maiden voyage..
FollowupID: 403884

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:53

Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 21:53
Well done uncle. It is an exciting time. I like setting up and preparing for the trips almost as much as the trips themselves.

Well not really, but enjoyable just the same.

So what type of camper is it?
AnswerID: 150439

Follow Up By: Member - uncle - Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 22:03

Monday, Jan 23, 2006 at 22:03
Hi Norm,Kevin Knudsen usually makes caravans,however they have branched out into the 4x4 CT.Ours is the second off the rank,his ind suspension is very impressive and very well priced,we were also impressed with the Southern Cross top on it also.All good quality gear,will post some pics later once we have a hold of it,cheers laurie
FollowupID: 403887

Sponsored Links