The perfect tent for travelling with a child in Western Australia ....

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 06:03
ThreadID: 30341 Views:4387 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hello from Germany!
We have traveled a lot in Australia and we love your country, especially the remote areas. This year in March we are planning to take our 1,5 year old daughter us for the first time. For our trip we are still looking for the perfect tent to travel with a child.

We have some ideas how it must be: two seperated sleeping rooms, a living area, doors and windows with insect protection, etc.. The tent must be big enough to have a comfortable time when we are staying for several days in one place like Francois Peron NP, Cape Range NP, Karijini NP.
The tents in Germany, unfortunately, aren't made for Australia, so we decided to buy one new or used in Perth.

Could anybody give me an advice about a tent model, so we can have a perfect time?

Thanks for your answers in advanced!
Greetings from cold Germany!

The perfect tent for travelling with a child in Western Australia ....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: johannagoanna - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:25

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:25
Hi cis, I hope you enjoy yet another great trip to Oz!

We have a touring tent (pegs in 4 corners, with small extension out the back!). We travel with 2 children (6+4). The tent area is about 9foot by 12 foot. There is a fabric divider that goes between the front and back. There is however no living area, as that is outside for us, under an awning. The beauty of this tent is that it only takes 10 minutes to put up in all. For longer trips (staying in the same place), we have a cabin style tent, but that is harder to put up and it takes about half an hour. It does however have 2 rooms, one that can be divided for sleeping and a living area. Hope this helps - Jo
AnswerID: 152443

Reply By: ImEasy - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:58

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:58
Und wo in Deutschland sind Sie
AnswerID: 152451

Follow Up By: Member - Reiner G (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:11

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:11
Das wollte ich auch grad fragen :-)
Gruss
Reiner
FollowupID: 406164

Follow Up By: ImEasy - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:56

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:56
Mein Vater ist, ich kann nicht die Sprache, morgens sprechen deutsch, das herum mit dem translater spielt und wirklich besucht Deutschland im April.
Better use english before I get into trouble
FollowupID: 406200

Follow Up By: Redback - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 14:25

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 14:25
Thats easy for you to say ;-)))

Hows the light sabre.

Merky bucket, oh sorry thats french :-)))
FollowupID: 406245

Follow Up By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 18:59

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 18:59
Reiner und ImEasy,
Ich haben nicht deutch gesprochen seit ich var firzen yare, aber ich kann Sie beide ferschtehen, nicht schlecht vir einen acht und dreisicht jare alten kerl !

Avagoodn
Pezza
FollowupID: 406317

Reply By: Browser - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:58

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:58
Hi Cis,

Have you considered hiring a tent and camping gear. Depending on how long you plan to stay it may be a more economical option than buying a tent (and no doubt all the other gear required like esky/fridge, gas bottle, light, mattress, table, chairs, cutlery etc). You would also not be under pressure to sell it all again before you left to go back home. There are many hire places in Perth and if you do a Google search you should find a business that hires this type of equipment.

Another option could be to hire a camper trailer. These come fully equiped and offer a range of conveniences such as kitchen etc. I did a quick Google search and found this site Camper Trailer Hire (I have no association with this company at all) and am sure that there will be other businesses that offer these for hire. I presume you will be driving a 4WD and these trailers are relatively easy to toe.

Best wishes for your trip and I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Browser
AnswerID: 152500

Follow Up By: Browser - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 13:13

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 13:13
Hi Cis,

I should check my spelling before I send out my reply!!! "toe" should have read "tow".

Also I have discovered a list of advertisers to Exploroz that also hire camper trailers. ExplorOz Advertisers

regards,

Browser
FollowupID: 406229

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 20:09

Thursday, Feb 02, 2006 at 20:09
Having bashed my bare foot on my mates Kimberley Kamper and done some damage, I can also tell you they are easy to "toe".

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 406331

Reply By: BR - Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 16:48

Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 16:48
Try an 'ORION' tent especially the XT range , available from TAMBO CAMPERS
details on their website . High quality. suitable for all types of weather. Ideal for traveling , not light but very durable.
Regards, BR Enjoy your trip.

AnswerID: 152964

Sponsored Links