Cargo barriers

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 22:13
ThreadID: 30428 Views:1381 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am about to fit a draw system & cargo barrier to my GU Patrol and wondered if a half barrier did as good a job as a full barier in the event of a roll over. Also , if fitted behind 2nd row seats, rather than front row seats - is the driver as well protected? ( not that I'm planning a rollover!),

Mpoutside
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - laura B (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 22:18

Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 22:18
WE ARE GETTING HALF ONE TOO BECAUSE WE ARE BUILDING _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx FOR THE BACK OF THE 80.tHEY ATTATCHED ONTO THE SIDE OF THE CAR AS WELL AS ROOF...I WOULD SAY WELL PROTECTED OR THEY WOULDNT GET PASSED ADR....DONT PLAN A ROLLOVER AND YOU SHOULD BE RIGHT! I HAVENT THOUGHT OF THAT AS AN ISSUE BUT GOOD POINT....SEE WHAT OTHERS SAY...ILL KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR WHAT THEY SAY...

LAURA B

HAPPY INSIDE WHEN IM OUTSIDE
AnswerID: 153021

Reply By: rustytruck - Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 22:19

Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 22:19
Go for the full barrier. When you move it forward you will find it invaluable for positively securing articles in the rear compartment. The full barrier, in my opinion, will give greater rigidity and therefore safety in the unfortunate event of a rollover.
AnswerID: 153023

Follow Up By: Eddy - Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 22:31

Saturday, Feb 04, 2006 at 22:31
Too right.

I am also sure many more vehicles get rear-ended than rolled over.
This is wher cargo barriers are most valuable.

There was a post on here not long ago regarding a severe injury to a driver being hit by his own tool box in such an event.

I won't even let my grandson bring hard toys in the car when we go to town as they can cause severe injury in the event of an accident.
Any loose hard object becomes a missile in an accident.

Eddy
FollowupID: 406902

Reply By: Member - Phil [Sunshine Coast] - Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 06:45

Sunday, Feb 05, 2006 at 06:45
Gday mp, yer I,m putting a half one on top of my drawer system ,I can,t figure out how to put a full one[ because of the angle of the back seats??] Behind the FRONT seats would be the best, but, I think it would be like driving/riding in a ''paddy wagon'[not that I have done ether, lol] When away ,I only carry bags & soft stuff on the rear seats. If anyone out there with a GQ & outback _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx has a full one , behind the 2nd. row, let me know how the hell they did it ![ without leaving the seats out] cya...... Phil
AnswerID: 153049

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 00:03

Monday, Feb 06, 2006 at 00:03
According to Black Widow, half height barriers provide full protection and theirs complies to ADR specifications.

Black Widow

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 153244

Sponsored Links