Hilux bucket seats and 4wd driver training

Submitted: Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 15:50
ThreadID: 30649 Views:10782 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all

2 questions
first of all, i have a 1990 single cab hilux and want to get rid of the bench seat and put 2 buckets and a centre console in. Was wondering if there are any other vehicles (extra and dual cab hilux, surf, 4runner etc) that would have two front seats that would just bolt straight in. I dont want to have to make brackets or anything like that and dont want to buy aftermarket seats because of the cost. also what is the requirement for compliance/mod plates etc.

secondly, does anyone know of some good and reasonably priced 4wd driver training courses around the greater brisbane area?

Thanks!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Craigww2 - Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 16:00

Friday, Feb 10, 2006 at 16:00
Hi,

We live in Brisbane and we looked at Duncans 4WD courses, they start at about $195 and go up from there. We have decided to join a club instead. Apparently some clubs offer training days once they get a certain amount of new members, this can greatly reduce the cost for training. I have been told that any trainers in clubs have to be accredited anyhow so I figure it would be a good way to learn and probably in a bit more of a social environment.

Cheers,

Craig
AnswerID: 154321

Reply By: banjodog - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:39

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:39
The seats from a Surf or 4Runner will bolt straight in – lift the carpet or mat below the front edge of your vehicle's seat and you’ll see the bolt holes for the inside area to mount the single seats, near the transmission tunnel. Centre console should fit too.

As a guide - I priced the single driver’s seat and the matching 2/3 long bench seat from the wreckers for my “84 model Hilux to replace the single bench seat and they wanted $475 for the lot – not only were they filthy but the seats were twisted from the accident the vehicle must have been in. I asked if I could remove the seats from the vehicle I saw in the yard as they were clean and straight and received a firm “NO” – but that was the guy in the yard, should have asked the staff at the front counter if I could remove them but the price alone was enough not to buy.

If you plan the keep the 2 seat arrangement you’ll have to plate it to state it’s a 2 seater and not a 3 seater – Qld Transport can advise as to who can do this in your suburb but for Qld only. Other state transport authorities should be able to do the same (RTA, Vic Roads etc). Then if you change back to the original 3 seater
you’ll need to replate to state that it’s a 3 seater.

AnswerID: 154678

Reply By: andoland - Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 16:06

Monday, Feb 13, 2006 at 16:06
000dylan000,

I have an aerotech sports seat which came out of my hilux ('95 dual cab but same shape) that I no longer want as I have sold the vehicle. I am looking to sell it for much less than the cost of a new seat. It is in perfect condition. Unfortunately I only have the one.

Drop me a line at c h r i s 1 a n d o @ h o t m a i l dot com if you are interested.

Ando
AnswerID: 154716

Reply By: peteC - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 17:17

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 17:17
A mate had the same Hilux and we were going on a 6 week trip. His wife couldn't put up with the passenger seat for that long so he took the seats out of his Corolla seca ( about 95 model ) and they fit straight in. Try the wreckers and you could pick up a set failry cheap.
AnswerID: 155168

Follow Up By: 000dylan000 - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 22:51

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2006 at 22:51
Oh ok cool...thanks for the info!!

Thanks to everyone else who replied too...much appreciated
FollowupID: 409192

Sponsored Links