Working on Trips

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:12
ThreadID: 30766 Views:1358 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Taking 4 months off work in April to do the big trip. Fortunately, I have the option of extending to 6 months (money permitting) which brings me to the question if anyone has worked whilst travelling.

I guess it depends on individual skill base but is there plenty of work on homesteads/fruitpicking travelling north and then across to Darwin from Sydney between April and November?

Any feedback appreciated. I did a search but got not produce any results.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Darian (SA) - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 19:38

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 19:38
I have heard from people that have made enquiries while travelling (preparing for their next trip when retired I guess) that there is plenty of work in the outback - the more 'out' the more likely you will land the jobs - seems the main target should be anyone servicing the tourists in any way at all - hospitality, touring, retail etc - and lack of advertising does not mean the jobs aren't there - word of mouth (WOM) is the go - talk to people in pubs and roadhouses seems the best way. There is a book on casual working around Oz - forget the name - has been mentioned here somewhere - there is a site too - far as I recall, it requires employers to nominate the situations - point is, there are still many WOM jobs going that are not advertised in any form.
AnswerID: 154965

Reply By: waynet - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 21:45

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2006 at 21:45
Hi Damien
Have a look at www,jobsearch.gov and go to harvestrails
Good luck
Wayne
AnswerID: 155002

Sponsored Links