made DC volt gauge

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 21:01
ThreadID: 30851 Views:1622 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I had an old jump start pack so i have made up a DC volt gauge so i know how my second battery is going . made up a little case to fit in console with other switches .
you still have to push the test button so it hasn't got power all the time as i don't think it would stand up to it. but it works great so now i know how low it is and when it's charged as up till now it has been guess work. anyone else done anything like this. i don't like throwing any thing out as i might find a use for it one day but you do build up a lot of junk after a while. might save me a few bucks in the long run. cheers peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 21:22

Thursday, Feb 16, 2006 at 21:22
Hi Stepto,

I have a digital Car Voltage Meter / In-Out Thermometer / Clock which plugs into the lighter sockets. Can swap from primary to auxiliary simply by plugging in to the appropriate circuit. I like to keep things simple.

I hate hoarding. I have enough chit as it is, after 30 years of living on the same property. If I chuck or sell something I need again at a later date, I'll buy a new one.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 155446

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Friday, Feb 17, 2006 at 08:58

Friday, Feb 17, 2006 at 08:58
Hoarders to the fore!
Just installed a fuel pump to asist the tired mechanical one, it was left over from an auxilary tank I pulled out of the old NB 12 years ago.
Of course, the problem is finding these things when you need them!
Took me 3 months to find the right box, but knew it had to be there some where.

Do you save money though when you have to build a shed to keep it in?
But then I can dissapear for the afternoon looking for something in the shed!
AnswerID: 155514

Sponsored Links