CAMPERTRAILERS

Submitted: Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 16:29
ThreadID: 30968 Views:2374 Replies:6 FollowUps:19
This Thread has been Archived
GDAY GUYS I WAS AT WANDIN YESTERDAY AND IVE BEEN IN THE MARKET OF A CAMPERTRAILER. THERE WAS LOTS OF CAMPERTRAILERS THERE AND THEY ALL SEEMED TO BE THE SAME THING, JUST SOME WERE BETTER BUILT THAN OTHERS. IM ONLY INTERESTED IN SPENDING 10-13K AND I SEEN A MOB THERE CASUARINA CAMPERS I HADN'T SEEN THEM AROUND B4 CAN ANY HELP. ARE THEY A GOOD TRAILER HAS ANYONE GOT ONE. MY WIFE LOVED THERE KITCHENS AND THERE CANVAS WORK WAS REALLY GOOD AND THEY SEEM TO BUILD A GOOD TRAILER WITH GOOD DOOR SEALS AND AT A REALLY GOOD PRICE I ALSO LIKED TAMBO'S BUT JUST A LONG WAIT. THEY TO WERE GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY BUT I NEED ONE BY EASTER CHEERS MACCA
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: XLGXL - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 16:44

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 16:44
As I'am sure you will get a load of information needed from this site but why not double it with a site dedicated to CT'S

link text
AnswerID: 156029

Reply By: Toby T - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 16:57

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 16:57
I also saw Casuarina and frankly didn't look too flash & kitchen good but expensive.

Others there but not mentioned were at Wandin were TrueBlue, Outback and Southern Cross. All of there camper's canvas sat better and they had more room on floor of camper. I was with EO member and we agreed one of these established brands would be the way to go.

Toby

AnswerID: 156033

Follow Up By: macca77 - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:24

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:24
GDAY TOBY THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT BUT ALL YOUR INFO IS INCORRECT. I WAS A LITTLE CONCERNED ON THE FLOOR AREA SIZE YOU WERE SAYING CASUARINA WERE TO SMALL IF I WANTED BIGGER I WOULD HAVE IT FOLD OF THE SIDE, WHICH THEY CAN DO FOR ME. BUT IM SITTING HERE READING THE FLOOR AREA SIZES OF THE CAMPERTRAILER YOU HAVE MENTIONED AND NOT ONE OFF THEM ARE BIGGER THAN THE CASUARINA CAMPERS AND ALSO ONE OF THEM DIDNT HAVE AN OFF THE BACK CAMPER ON DISPLAY. ALSO THE KITCHEN SEEMED TO BE GOOD VALUE AS YOU GET 12VOLT POWER 3 DRAWS AND A PANTRY 12V WATER PUMP AND A BLOODY GOOD STOVE. ONCE AGAIN IF I WANTED CHEAPER THEY HAD ONE CHEAPER. I ASKED FOR CORRECT AND TRUE ADVICE AND IT SEEMS YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG. YES FAIR ENOUGH THEY HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE GAME LONG BUT THEY CLAIM TO BEEN IN THE TRAILER INDUSTRY FOR 7 YEARS AND THERE CANVAS WORK IS DONE BY A WELL KNOW MANUFACTURER THAT HAS BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY FOR 25 YEARS. ALSO OUT OF THOSE MANUFACTURERS YOU MENTIONED ONLY SOUTHERN CROSS AND CASUARINA WERE THE ONLY PLACES TO BUILD WHAT I WANTED. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS A CASUARINA CAMPER AND IF THEY DO I WANT TO KNOW IF ITS BEEN A GOOD UNIT FOR THEM CHEERS MACCA
FollowupID: 410034

Follow Up By: MYTTUF - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 21:27

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 21:27
Macca
I got a Casuarina Camper Nov last year. Mine is similiar to the one on display yesterday at Wandin with a les flashy kitchen and some less flashy bits. I have done nearly 4000km of touring along roads and thru the bush tracks and have not had any issues yet. I've also camped in pouring rain without any leaks and could not be happier. Check out http://s4.invisionfree.com/Vic_All_Terrain/index.php?showtopic=375&st=0 for the write up I did on my club forum.
Jonesy
FollowupID: 410142

Reply By: Robbo3 - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:25

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:25
Macca

Had a good look around and was totally uninspired with Casuarina. Went to their factory around Sept and since then I noticed yesterday they appear to have copied Southern Cross and Outback with window design and colours.

Agree with another response that their canvas didn't look right with lots of rinkles or rivers in roof.

Still 8 weeks until easter you'll get a camper from most crowds in that time, don't rush.

Robbo

AnswerID: 156041

Follow Up By: macca77 - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:36

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:36
ONCE AGAIN I WANT TO KNOW FROM SOMEONE THAT OWNS ONE. ALSO THEY ALL LOOKED LIKE THEY HAD WRINKLES. AND DONT THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME CHEERS MACCA
FollowupID: 410040

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:59

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 17:59
Macca,

Someone has to tell you mate. STOP YELLING!!!

Hit the Caps Lock key and type in lower case.
Then your Post will appear more amiable:-)))

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 156048

Follow Up By: Darian (SA) - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 20:59

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 20:59
Indeed Sandy - he's not only yelling, but mixed case is actually easier to read - more shapely, like some women (but then again, they can be real hard to read...hmmmm new analogy required). Well ..... its true anyway - I saw it on the TV.
FollowupID: 410133

Reply By: dazza67 - Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 20:27

Monday, Feb 20, 2006 at 20:27
Hi macca77 i Brought a casuarina camper last year. it was a toss up between tru blu. i went for casuarina cos he will do any thing you want as tru blu were a bit stiff.i have had only small things go wrong, leaking water tank,dust cover needed fixing. i found there door seals to be the best ones out of the ones i was looking at.it cost me $10,500 which had most of the thing we wanted. iam off around oz in may with it so it should be good. we had to wait about 3-4 weeks for it so that was good. build quailty so pretty good for the money you pay. sick of typing any more info let me know
Dazza
AnswerID: 156106

Follow Up By: macca77 - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 18:03

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 18:03
hey dazza what model did you buy. have you had problems with springs cheers macca
FollowupID: 410358

Follow Up By: dazza67 - Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:57

Thursday, Feb 23, 2006 at 17:57
Hi macca77 we got the flinders model with the tailgate kitchen I have not done alot of km's at the moment. if you do a seach of the archives say for jayco or some other models you allways find somebody with a bad story or something went wrong (not picking on jayco my friend has one). it also depends on how much off road you are doing , the more off road the more of a beating it will get so you would think pay more and it should handle it better (in theory). it also depends on how much money you want sitting in the backyard doing nothing for most of the year. i am doing the big trip with a bit of off road and when i get back it will be going away about 3-4 times a year camping by a river, so that why i got a casuarina. hope this helps dazza
FollowupID: 410800

Follow Up By: macca77 - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 17:34

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 17:34
Cheers darren
There has been such a mixed response i really liked the casuarina i really only wanted to hear from people that owned them as there some places you look and it seems that other dealers seemed to bag other peoples product. i spose its hard to beleive what you read. what model camper was your i was looking at the flinders deluxe it was set up for the more serious off road cheers macca
FollowupID: 411037

Follow Up By: macca77 - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 17:36

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 17:36
was it just a flinders or flinders deluxe i was ment to ask

sorry macca
FollowupID: 411038

Follow Up By: dazza67 - Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 19:22

Friday, Feb 24, 2006 at 19:22
Hi macca its hard to buy a camper it took us 8 months of crap to get 1 it might not be the right 1 but as long as you r happy with your purchase thats all thats matters. we got the flinders i dont know if we got the deluxe or not. talk to locky from casuarina he is down to earth,it was this web site that led me to him. as i said before if you r going to do alot of off road maybe get one which is more $$$ i will take to u later as i have to go dazza
FollowupID: 411081

Reply By: Grif - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 09:30

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 09:30
I was doing Walkers Crossing late last year when I came across a T van and a Casuarina travelling together.

I remember it as a Casuarina because I used to live near Casuarina Shopping Centre and I initially thought it was from Darwin until the owner said it was from Victoria somewhere.

The guy who owned the T Van was really get stuck into his mate for buying a heap of you know what. They had several problems during their trip including leaking canvas and failed suspension. Not exactly sure what their problerm was when we passed them but they were struggling with springs or whatever they used underneath.

The T van guy was good laughing at him saying 'I told you to buy experience' and was naming another brand this Queenslander hadn't hear of.

Anyway, you may not get unbiased opinion from only owners as they want to protect their investment. My advice is to hear from anyone with an informed opinion.

I was at Wandin last weekend (yes from QLD) and there were better soft floor units there. I'm about to buy a hard floor from Qld and I'm excited.

Grif
AnswerID: 156203

Follow Up By: macca77 - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:35

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:35
grif
Your facts dont line up it seems you have a problem with casuarina. in one sentance you said you were driving past and in another sentance you said you spoke to the owner ive been watching and reading your post and it seems your a oppisition with a problem or are you toby t. which are you. all i want is correct advice and i dont think im going to get it from here ill beleive what i see not read from now
FollowupID: 410285

Follow Up By: Grif - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 13:15

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 13:15
Macca

I'm confused with your logic here.

Firstly you ask for an opinion about a camper and you receive a couple of positives then a couple of negatives. You arc up when I relate an experience I had that may help you in your decision.

To spell it out, I was driving, I stopped my 4by, opened the door, got out, asked some people in two vehicles what their problem was and did they need any help.

What are you on about re Toby ?? I don't understand

Am I an "opposition" ? What do you mean?

Something doesn't add up here, you ask for advice and come back accusing me of being a competitor, who to ??? you??? Was I promoting someone ???

Keep an open mind and go with what you want, I was trying to help....

Ron Griffin (full name mate)
FollowupID: 410299

Follow Up By: spliney - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 14:08

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 14:08
Macca

In my view your responses have been a bit rich, mate. I've found that people here are generally out to help each other in good faith.

If you are looking for hidden agendas in every response, why ask in the first place?

Just take what you want from the responses and make your own decision re purchase. Bottom line is it's your hard-earned at stake and you are the one who will have to live with it!

Spliney
FollowupID: 410308

Follow Up By: macca77 - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 14:20

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 14:20
All i want is advice from people that own them. because what you see and what actually happened can be two different stories.

Why i say this if a spring has broken i want to know why cause if it is a common problem i dont want a camper with springs.

The next step is do i then go an alko.

Sorry ron i may have miss understood your text.

i really would love to hear from owners of campertrailers cheers
FollowupID: 410313

Follow Up By: Grif - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 15:14

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 15:14
Apology accepted.

You didn't look too objective here and for a minute. I thought you were from Casuarina the way you carried on in last response.

By the way the correct springs is the way to go. Try replacing a part in those fancy independent suspension jobs when in the middle of know- where.

Grif

FollowupID: 410325

Follow Up By: macca77 - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 18:01

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 18:01
Cheers grif.
The correct springs is the way to go im now confussed. what do you mean by correct springs?
FollowupID: 410357

Follow Up By: Grif - Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 18:33

Tuesday, Feb 21, 2006 at 18:33
Macca

Since starting to look around I've talked to several companies who make camper trailers and they recommend springs that are fixed front and back and are rated to the expected weight. Some of course like independent suspension and some hate it. Again, personal choice.

They say parts are easier and springs are more durable if Aust made.

I like to keep it simple.

Grif
FollowupID: 410365

Follow Up By: cascamper - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:23

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:23
Hello grif.

We are a little concerned on your post as we have never had a failed suspension or complaints on leaky canvas.

All our camper trailers that are out there at the moment are still under warranty and we have had no phone calls or warrenty claims.

You may have a misunderstanding. you are free to give us a call at casuarina campers at anytime.
FollowupID: 410496

Follow Up By: Grif - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 15:43

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 15:43
Apparantly it's Macca who is interested in buying so you two can have a chat.

I was only relaying an experience and I can assure you I saw a Casuarina. Anyway even the best crowds have issues, it's a tough environment out there. I dare say you will get a phone call from the owner if you haven't already.

Good luck with your trailers.

grif

FollowupID: 410564

Follow Up By: cascamper - Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 18:43

Wednesday, Feb 22, 2006 at 18:43
Thanks grif

We at casuarina thrive on building a good product and if were got leaky canvas and broken spring we want to now.

I was that concerned on the issue that i have actually rang every customer and have personally spoken about the issue at hand and no problems.

kind regard locky

FollowupID: 410595

Sponsored Links