Stlolen 100 series Landcruiser - reward

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:52
ThreadID: 31648 Views:6770 Replies:36 FollowUps:27
This Thread has been Archived
Well my pride & joy got stolen last night. I'm offering a $1000.00 reward for knowledge leading to it's return in one piece!

What I can't understand is how they started it. The little girl next door reckons she was woken by an car being driven away at around 04:30 am this morning. I was under the impression that the Landcruiser ignition key formed part of the circuit of the engine management system and it can't be started without the vehicles own unique key.

I have both sets of keys here alongside me!

Mind you it was in a Toyota Main dealer for a service about 10 ten days ago so maybe it's "an inside job".

Details are:

Silver Landcruiser, year 2000, GXL turbo diesel, rego number 1 BMC385, fitted with:

Kaymar spare wheel carrier- with light grey canvas wheel cover

Full length Jarram Overlander roof rack

Colour coded matching silver genuine ARB bullbar (with Thomas The Tank Engine glued to the bullbar :) )

2 solar panels on roof rack with regulator

Tube carrier and PVC tube fastened to roof rack

Spare Optima battery for fridge (inside)

Redarc soleniod

Blue sheepskin seat covers with Toyota badge on 'em

Outback fitted drawer system in the back.

Full window tint

Rear side windows blocked out with silver reflective stuff on 'em.

Brand spanking new 10 ply tyres - only a fortnight old and 2 full tanks of diesel!

That's about it. There's a few other extras' on it but they wouldn't help recognise it - cruise control etc.

It's a pretty distinctive vehicle even for a Landcruiser. The solar panels make it stick out like dogsballs!

Bilbo

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:54

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:54
PS - it was stolen from the Safety Bay area of Western Australia.

Bilbo
AnswerID: 159902

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:59

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:59
Bilbo,

I was too slow in asking the question that you have just answered.

Wayne
FollowupID: 414548

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:57

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:57
Bilbo,

Just one question. Where did it get stolen from, not just the driveway at home but what state, city or town.

Sorry for your loss.

Wayne
AnswerID: 159903

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:09

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:09
See above. Safety Bay is about 50 kms from Perth, on the coast about 35 kms south of Fremantle.

Thanks mate.

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414551

Reply By: Darian (SA) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:39

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:39
Sorry to hear that - bad feeling for any owner - question is, as you say, how the hell can they drive it away ? Seems obvious it was targeted for the attractive "package" you owned. Seems your theory of inside work holds water as an idea - only Toyota could dispute that - what would/do they say ? Would be interested to hear your outcomes - my 99 Jack has the same setup - no keys, no go (or is it ?).
AnswerID: 159910

Reply By: Atropos - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:50

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:50
Hi Bilbo,

Yes understand you must feel sick about the theft..

I know if my old tarago was stolen even though its insured and I would get fixed up by the insurance company it would be a shock to the system.

It just goes to show that however good your security is a determined thief will find a way round it.

I hope you get your car back in one piece but I think perhaps yours may have been "stolen to order" and will by now be stripped and sold on..

Anyway I'm sure all on this forum will keep their eyes open for you, and if they sight it will be happy to help you recover your car..

Best Wishes
John
AnswerID: 159912

Reply By: Member No 1- Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:53

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 13:53
hope you get it back
and catch up with the efin mongrels
AnswerID: 159914

Reply By: Exploder - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:12

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:12
Am in WA (Perth) will keep an eye out for it, Sadly a car like that I don’t think will hang around long, Trashed and dumped Unlikely, Stolen and striped would be the game :(
AnswerID: 159921

Reply By: GREENDOG - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:38

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 14:38
Sorry to hear your bad luck Bilbo,sounds like with all your accessories on it it would'nt surprise me that it would be an in side job aspeacially when they have the time to look over a vechile like yours,you just never know.cheer's GREENDOG
AnswerID: 159925

Follow Up By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 20:02

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 20:02
Directed to BILBO,

On the stolen cruiser it is very interesting when you mention the fact that the vehicle cannot be started with out the original key.My new cruiser a 2005 Nov GXL auto was supplied with FOUR keys from the supplier,and you say you have TWO. Who has the other TWO???????.
I think some detective work required here,when you get to the bottom let me know and I will inform you of how to stop it ever happening again.

Regards BILLS
FollowupID: 414594

Reply By: cokeaddict - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:13

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:13
Bilbo,
Very sorry to hear that mate, I know how your feeling.

I havent read the replies yet as im tight for time..but I will give u a possible way it was stolen. This is a long time practice in the automotive industry, its been happening for years..in fact....it was done in the very workshop where i did my apprentiship, When a car was booked in for whatever reason, those involved would arrange for a test drive and on their way back to workshop they would stop in to the local key cutting mod and get a new key cut. The rest was easy, owners detalis were supplied in log books and all that was needed was to watch the vehicle for a few nights before they worked themselves into a routine that the owner had. Then, in a matter of seconds, the vehicle was gone. Most times it was stripped over night and the body cut up and disposed of before dawn the next day.

Today however, its much harder to achieve this....BUT...not impossible IF your in the industry, and i know for a fact, it still happens. Believe me ..I know. I am not involved but i cant say anymore without having to move to a new state ...alive. But i see it every week. As professional as they are, I know whats going on in the garage.
Ange
AnswerID: 159931

Reply By: The Rambler( W.A.) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:23

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:23
Bilbo,
I could not imagine your feeling at this loss and these low lifes should be made to feel a similar loss to them.I am out and about a lot in W.A. and would love to get your vehicle returned(forget the reward) but I am also of the opinion that it might be taken down and sold for parts etc.Like others I only hope the best for you.
AnswerID: 159932

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 19:57

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 19:57
I'm with Rambler here, I will be out and about on the East Coast next week, if it's over here and I see it You'll be the first to know but I won't expect the reward.
I hope the tide turns soon for you and you get some usefull leads to find your pride and joy.

Regards Trevor.
FollowupID: 414591

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:23

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:23
It's not the materials or monetery value that sucks the most (even thought they suck too!!) it's all the man hours, blood, sweat and tears that go into our rigs that would be the hardest peice to swallow. Sorry to here it Bilbo, I will deffinatally keep my eye out, but as already said, she's probally already stripped and burnt out in the pines somewhere...
I figured a while ago that the imobiliser and alarm were not enough, so I've now got 1500w of security lights out the front and 3 digital CCTV cameras out the front and in the garage. Ok, so it might not stop the buggers stealing it, but at least I might have some idea who did it. And I'll give you the tip, the cops won't be asked to help, I help myself in these sorts of situations.

If you do find out any information, member message me and I'll have a group of guys willing to pay them a visit in no time at all. I've always maintained that crimes like smahsing up someone's car and dumping them in the middle of the bush should be punished even steven. So that means if you find out who they are, we kick THEIR lights in and then dump THEM in the middle of the pines. :-)) Somewhere out near Muchea should do, maybe in the middle of the airforce testing ground in the middle of the night. Might take them a while to find their way out of there with two missing knee caps...

Anyway, sorry about the loss, it absolutally infuriates me when this kind of selfishness is portraid in our otherwise good communities... Lessons need to be learned, and unfortuantally our police force and legal systems are not teaching anyone anything except for how unjust the world can be and that you should look at your speedo instead of where you are going. The communities are going to start teaching people lessons more and more as this trend continues...
AnswerID: 159933

Reply By: Alan H (Narangba QLD) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:26

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:26
Sorry to hear your news!

To prevent drive aways, I have heard of people putting an extra solenoid switch on their fuel line with a secret switch. So even if it does start and drive away it quickly runs out of fuel and chances are they are still on a main road in easy sight and would have to bleed it etc even if they found the switch. The minute it failed to run they would most likely leave it where it is.

Still no defence against tilt trays.

Hope they find the culprits. The Toyota service seems sus and I'd let police know
AnswerID: 159934

Reply By: V8Diesel - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:32

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:32
Mate that sucks the big one. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Check out the Quokka, internet forums etc for all your bits and pieces. Get onto Perth 4x4 and Western 4x4 as well and let those blokes know. The word will get around the traps pretty quick.

It just screams DODGIE to me. I'd be getting the cops to do a bit of a sniff around the employee records of the dealership you last took it to.

I know a bit of what it's like having had my 100 series written off by a bleep driver. The man-hours I put into that thing were astronomical.
AnswerID: 159935

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 00:37

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 00:37
V8 diesel,

Can you please give the URL's to Perth 4 by 4 and Western 4 by 4. I can't find these sites.

My email address is leslowe@iinet.net.au

Thanks,

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414823

Reply By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:51

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:51
Yeah - that's the bit that really hurts - the manhours I spent in getting it just right for my prospecting trips. That vehicle was SPECIAL - a one off. The way it was fiited out was a result of many years experience in the bush of what works and what doesn't, what I need and what I don't need, what will break and what won't, what will get hung up and torn and what's needed to avoid break downs.

The base vehicle can be replaced by insurance but some of the extras may not be. Some are covered by insurance and some might not be - my wife can't remember what she told the insurance company.

It was "finished job", a work of art, and we we were leaving on our first bush trip in this truck in about 3 weeks. It's taken me 2 years of hard yakka to pay for it and about 9 months fitting the extras.

To make matters even worse, my wife is in tears about her best friend having a grim outlook due to cancer. She only found out how bad it was this morning - and it's bad. So the whole house is in emotional turmoil.

I hear what ya say about the "inside job industry" but I've just spkoken with my Toyota Main Dealer that seviced it last and from what he's told me it sounds extremely complex to make a key that will start a Landcruiser. But who knows with these whizz kids these days.

Thanks for keeping an eye out guys.

Life's a bitch at present.

Bilbo
AnswerID: 159940

Reply By: Woobla (WA) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:54

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 15:54
Hi Bilbo,
Sorry to hear of your loss.
I live in the Rocky/Kwinana area so will also keep a look out.
Just as a matter of interest, who did you use for your services?
Jeff

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 159941

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:44

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:44
Woody,

It was done by Toyotaways on Dixon Road. This was the second service done by them, prior to that it was always done by City Toyota in Perth. That was when I was working in the CBD. I'm now retired.

I have mixed feelings about it being someone at the dealership. But what other way can it be done? Got me stuffed.

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414580

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:48

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:48
Whoops sorry, Woobla - got yer name wrong.

My apologies, mate.

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414581

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:11

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:11
Ahh Bilbo, at least it wasnt a Nissan mate. Then you'd really be upset.

Seriously lucky ....

No Really I Hope you get it back in one piece, I know the feeling of being theived, one of invasion, of beinf violated etc, mate hope it all ends well.

GWBonz
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 159944

Reply By: Jarrod - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:44

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 16:44
Mate, As a cruiser owner, with all the "bits" I cant begin to know how you feel.

Im in Vic, so if there is plans by some low life to bring it over and rebirth it, i'll keep an eye out for anything like it.

OKay, so what have the local constabulary done about investigation?

I've got a pretty good idea about investigating these type of things, and the toyota keying and "transponder" sytem, and you are quite correct, vehicle cannot be started without correct "Unique coded " key in ignition. the fact that it appears to have been driven away, indicates a key.

Tell the investigating police this, (they may not realise) and that when a new or replacement key is ordered, someones name from the dealership (should) go beside the order. the other thing is, any dealership will be able to look on the computer stystem, and it will indicate *when* the last key was ordered. -

My advice, (and the way we would investigate that over here,) would be to go to a different dealeship, and get the manager there to check out if there are any key orders for your VIN. if there are, and it is from the dealership where your vehicle recently serviced, possible link from dealership to car thief to your car being returned.

I would like to think that the local coppers haven't just waltzed into your local dealership, asking " anyone know about a landcruiser that got stolen" ....

Good luck mate, I hope you see her back soon.

Jarrod.

AnswerID: 159948

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 18:26

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 18:26
I reported it to the police at about 0800 hrs this morning. After giving 'em the details I asked what happens next and would the police pay me a visit. The answer? - We put it to all police cars' computers and the police will not be visiting your home! i.e no investiagaton!

I'm speechless! $65,000.00 worth of car (with all the fruit that was on it) and they're not interested.

If someone stole that much from a Service Station or a Bank there'd be uproar! It'd be on TV fer God's sake!

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414586

Follow Up By: Member -Dodger - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 16:33

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 16:33
Tell the cops there was a gun in it and they will move heaven and earth to find it.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 414725

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 17:09

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 17:09
That's the only problem with a yota, every bugger wants it.

It's been 30 yrs since I've had a vehicle stolen but I still remember the horror well.

Chin up mate

AnswerID: 159951

Reply By: Geoff M (Newcastle, NSW) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 17:12

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 17:12
Hello Bilbo,
Bugger of a thing isn't it.
Don't reckon there's much point keeping an eye out here in Newcastle but I will anyway.

In the old days they hung horse thieves,

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 159953

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:09

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:09
Hi there Bilbo, mate sorry to hear about the toyota, my mate lost his 80 series last year and he had it since new. Scum bags. I have been told that all you have to do is break into car rip out wires from back of ignition and turn with screw driver then wait 40 mins for and this will override the security system, not sure what the go is with the steering lock, have been trying to get in touch with my mate who is head technician for toyota but is away this weekend. Will see if I can catch him on monday and see what he has to say about the security system. I know there is some thing because he has said that he often has customers who leave the car for a service and take of with the keys and they do something like that to overide the system. My mate lost his brand new 6 month old clubsport the exact same way and was the insurance company that told him about the system. They watch you park it you walk away they break in do what they have to do then walk away wait 40 mins then when times up and you havnt shown up there in and gone. As said above if all else fails drag up onto tilt tray and see u later. Mate hope you recover it but I've got a gut feeling as you probably have I dont think you will. Thank god you had it insured many people dont. Take care and will also keep my eyes open in the sydney area you never know, I have heaps of cops in the family who all I have to do is ring. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 159981

Reply By: Axle - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:09

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:09
Hi Bilbo.

They are absolute bleep s, damage to or theft of a another mans property is very un australian. But sadly this is changing rapidly. Also live on the east coast 50ks north of sydney, will keep eyes on all landcruisers, you never know.

Axle.
AnswerID: 159982

Reply By: revhead307 - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:24

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:24
My condolences Bilbo,

Its a terrible thing to happen. Certainly sounds like whoever did it knew what they were doing.

Ive only had one thing stolen from me in my life, my prize hunting knife. that @#%#@ me off for weeks. Couldnt imagine if they stole my Trol, with all the hours i've spent customising it.

Hope things work out

Rev
AnswerID: 159984

Reply By: Joe King - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:26

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:26
Bilbo,
I believe this is an example of one of the lowest acts anybody can do to another human being, especially with other bad news of a dear freind.
makes me crook in the guts, can't imagine how you are feeling, I will also keep an eye out in NQ for what its worth.....
JK
AnswerID: 159986

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:47

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 21:47
Bilbo,

Sorry to hear you lost your vehicle.

Like many of the others I'd feel there is an "inside" influence in this. Not hard to get a key cut, not cheap either, but the rewards are limitless. Your residence would be easy to track, and you know the end result.

Trust you get it back in good order, very soon. I mightn't be as complacent, parking our 80 series outside the In-Laws house anymore, in future.

Hooroo...
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 159993

Reply By: kesh - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 22:38

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 22:38
Bilbo. am as bleep off as all the other posters re this episode.
I will put the feelers out around SW Qld. never know what turns up.
In the mean time hope with you for the best outcome. I know officialdom is never that helpful when its only metal and not folding stuff.
kesh (emaze)
AnswerID: 160004

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:24

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:24
Hey, Emaze!

Is that the sam Emaze from Finders? The same one that is so curious about the oil industry?

The internet is indeed a small world.

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414633

Follow Up By: kesh - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 14:43

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 14:43
Yep, thats the one.
FollowupID: 414710

Reply By: cackles - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 22:55

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 22:55
keep your chin up Bilbo, my father inlaws pride and joy HJ monaro was stolen years ago, it was found and returned. it was trashed but it was rebuilt and is now a family heirloom passed on to my partner.

I think the worst of this is the paranoia that will no doubt plague you from now on, but that was solved with kill switch disguised as standard accessory.

I say this to give you hope, but temper that hope with a realistic attitude should the worst happen.

Cackles
AnswerID: 160006

Follow Up By: cackles - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 22:57

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 22:57
P.S. will keep an eye out through central queensland
FollowupID: 414631

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:02

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:02
Sorry to hear of your loss, there is some mongrels around, I should also have one of these gadgets in my car but check it out I'm not to handy yet with the link set up so i will give you the URL to paste in but will try the other way also ...probably won't work.

http://www.gofinder.net/Trimtrac/index2.htm

tracker

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 160007

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:04

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:04
b#*^ hell it worked
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 414632

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 19:39

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 19:39
Doug,

Thanks for the URL. I've been a bit busy lately as you will imagine. However, I just had a look at these tracking devices. I'd heard about 'em vaguely but always thought they were only viable or indeed available in the USA.

Why don't people advertise these things a bit more. Perhaps I don't read the right magazines. There's not much in "TV Weekly" about these things old boy ;)

But I'll tell ya this much, if I get this vehicle back or have to buy a new one then I'll be fitting one of these or similar. Likewise a 110% security alarm and that "baseball bat proof" window tint - before I fit any more goodies to it.

I may even fit that anti-car jacking thing that was invented in South Africa. Two LPG bottles under each rocker panel and 6 gas jets up the sides of yer car! Scorches the paint a bit if ya don't plant yer foot quivck enough though.

Oh I forgot to mention - the car-jacker gets completely torched. But who gives a toss!

Bilbo

I ain't going through all this again!
FollowupID: 414744

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 19:53

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 19:53
Bilbo
Unreal....your post has attracted over 1043 views, Mate i have an alarm on my troopie and when your in a caravan Pk you don't want it going of at 2 or 3 in the morning so i didn't set it, you the old story ."She'll be right mate " well some little buggers got into my car and stole a hand held uhf from the glove box, a voice recorder ,a 13 LED torch 2 weeks old, and ratted around in the back , left my lartop computer on the bed ,but the thing that really P...ss. me off was that they took my shower bag with Dusty's dog shampoo, my shampoo soaps,razors,etc .well bugger the neighbors it gets set every night now.
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 414746

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 00:14

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 00:14
Doug,

This is what gets to me. We all want to do the right thing and we get shafted for our troubles, as you did. If ya buy an alarm and it goes off everyone reckons yer an rsole because it went off in the middle of the night.

We all sit there like dummies and put with the garbage that the police and justice system dishes out and say "Well what can you do about it, no point in worrying". They make me so bloody angry - bovine attitude to life. One woman said to me today when I was doing me block about car theft and house break ins - "Well what can you do about it ? You just have to pay your insurance and hope for the best". With an attitude like that it's no wonder this country's going to dogs.

If ya lock yer car, the beggars just break into yer house and take yer keys anyway! And prolly bash you just as you wake up from a deep sleep. May as well not lock it and save yerself a lump on the head or 6 weeks in hospital!

My sons mate had his Nissan Skyline stolen - eventually. The thief had 3 tries at it but couldn't past the after market alarm system. This was 3 tries in a week! Finally the thief broke into his house, threatened the owner with a knife and said "Gimme the keys now or this is in your neck, I don't give a f**k !!"

Locks, alarm systems - what's the point? I think the police and insurance companies, car makers and ourselves need to do some lateral thinking here.

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414822

Reply By: Tuff-Trol - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:44

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:44
I saw and drove behind your vehicle today being Saturday at approx 215pm heading east along Armadale road past Jandakot , my wife noted and commented on the solar panels and roof rack , i remembered the rear carrier as looking for one myself .
Your car had 3 males on board about 30ish years old WHITE with peaked caps .

feel free to email me direct

oildripa@iprimus.com.au
AnswerID: 160012

Reply By: JohnRoly - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:44

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:44
I've posted it on www.Perth4x4.net and someone has contacted me to say they recon thay saw it today.

can you email me some contact details to gupatrol @ gmail.com
AnswerID: 160013

Follow Up By: JohnRoly - Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:45

Saturday, Mar 11, 2006 at 23:45
edit: tuff troll (above) is the one who contacted me to say he saw it.

Roly
FollowupID: 414636

Reply By: rocketsalad - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 00:25

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 00:25
Anyone know if Bilbo is awake? or how to contact him now with this new info now/tonight?

rs
AnswerID: 160014

Reply By: Bilbo - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 00:57

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 00:57
I'm awake & I'm here. Been away from the PC for a cuppla hours. Contact details are:

mobile: 0428821374

Good work fellas,

Bilbo
AnswerID: 160018

Reply By: Bilbo - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 01:29

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 01:29
JohnRoly,

The email addy that you've given is bouncing back - "no domain".

Is this correct address?

Bilbo
AnswerID: 160019

Follow Up By: Wayne - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 02:13

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 02:13
Hi Bilbo, Sorry to see what's happened. :-( I've PMed Roly from Perth 4x4.net to let him know his email is bouncing. BTW Roly has posted it over there too.

hope it turns out ok for you.

Cheers, Wayne
FollowupID: 414642

Reply By: Bilbo - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 02:35

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 02:35
It's strange about seeing "3 guys" in it - there's only 2 front seats the damn thing! The whole set of rear seats were taken out 3 days ago to fit some water carriers in there.

One of 'em must have sore knees by now!

He'll have sore knees if I get me hands on him!

Bilbo
AnswerID: 160020

Follow Up By: Member JD- Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 06:46

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 06:46
Hi Bilbo,
Firstly sorry to hear of your loss..this must be echoing in your head by now, I know this wont help with with this truck...but maybe with the next when you get your insurance..save up and install a positionall locator in to the truck and have it monitored..you will get them and have the pleasure of watching them go to gaol..costs thought..but a well set up truck costs a lot more.Good luck.
JD
FollowupID: 414644

Reply By: Member - Matt L (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 08:23

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 08:23
Bilbo,

If you have a nagging suspicion that the dealership was involved, why not try a little bit of investigative work your self.

You would imagine that anyone taking your car for a test drive would not be able to be gone for any great length of time, so therefore they would have to have had the key cut locally. I would also think that there would not be too many locksmiths within s short radius of the area.

Try asking around at the locksmiths and if you turn up anything then take your information to the police. The dealer would then be able to tell them who took your car for a test drive.

Start out discreetly until you have some good information.

Good luck.

Matt
AnswerID: 160025

Reply By: roadkill - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 12:17

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 12:17
this makes me bloody angry hey! i sure as hell no im gunna keep my eyes open for you!

ok i posted it on the purple circle car club for you so hopefully people will keep posting it around and sumthing will come up!

hope its found in one piece!
nathan
AnswerID: 160060

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 12:33

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 12:33
Thanks immensely for all the ideas, support and watchkeeping. Yer a great bunch of guys. It is greatly appreciated.

It restores my faith in humans to get this kind of response. There are still a lot of decent people out despite what's on the news.

Still waiting for some good news.

Thanks,

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414693

Follow Up By: rocketsalad - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 15:31

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 15:31
Bilbo
can you post a pic on this thread so all the guys who read this in WA can see what they are looking for?

rs
FollowupID: 414716

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 23:59

Sunday, Mar 12, 2006 at 23:59
Yer know, I don't think I actually have a pictture of this beast! I might have some pics of the how the roof rack was set up with solar panels. they were taken fer guy on this forum,

I'll see how good they were and if they're worth posting.

But I can tell you that if you saw this 'Cruiser, it is distinctive in that everyone remarks on the roof rack and mounted solar panels. Somehow it's one of those 'Cruisers that seem to mean business and not a Toorak Tractor.

Thanks,

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414819

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 00:40

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 00:40
Rocketsalad,

I've found some of the roof rack pics and they do give some idea of the vehicle. Unfortunately, I'm not a member on this site (but I damn soon will be once I figure out how to do it!)

Is there anyone on here that I can send the pics to so that I can get 'em on pretty quickly whilst it's still a hot topic.

My email address is leslowe@iinet.net.au

Thanks,

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414824

Follow Up By: Member - Ozdyssey (QLD) - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 07:57

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 07:57
Bilbo
Just been away for the weekend and read the news. Very sorry to hear. We all know how long it takes to set up our rigs. All on top of bad news in the family.

Here are the photos you had sent me

Hope she turns up and the buggers are caught.
John
FollowupID: 414832

Reply By: Member - Ozdyssey (QLD) - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 08:02

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 08:02
and another

AnswerID: 160178

Follow Up By: rocketsalad - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 08:47

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 08:47
Links added to australian4wd.com and 4wdmonthly.com
FollowupID: 414837

Reply By: Rod W - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 14:00

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 14:00
What about a rego number??
AnswerID: 160225

Follow Up By: Bilbo - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 18:06

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 18:06
Rod,

The rego is 1 BMC 385. It's at the top of the original post. Have abother squizzy.

Thanks mate.

Bilbo
FollowupID: 414973

Follow Up By: Rod W - Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 18:11

Monday, Mar 13, 2006 at 18:11
Yep you're right (hidden a bit). I'll keep an eye out.
FollowupID: 414975

Sponsored Links