5 DAYS & counting!!

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 04:54
ThreadID: 31718 Views:2278 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Leaving on the w/end. Birdsville, Alice, Central road to Perth,3 wks with the grandkids & then up the coast to Cape Leveque, Gibb r/r & back home.Towing a c/t with tinnie on top,[hope I get to use it] . No definite time frame,but swmbo gets a bit ''toey'' for home [pita] after a coupla mths.
Anyone out there doing a similar trip? or part of ,who wants to hookup,its always better [& safer]with others to travel with.
Just gotta check the veh. over, first trip in this one,[no more sore ar$e]the ipods full of c/w & 50s 60s, a few beers & a bottle of Jack' & thats the important stuff covered! I'll post from Alice ,IF I figure out how, & let u's know how it's goin
All those others out there goin away for the winter,have a GREAT & SAFE trip..
cya out there..... Phil.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 08:43

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 08:43
Phil ,
I might see you up in the Kimberley at the begiinig of May .I will be heading off mid April for an excursion west of Alice , then up the Tanami . After The Kimberley we are going south and then east through the Gibson Desert . That's the plan anyway . Just look out for a midget squirrel that likes undressing in public !
Have a safe and interesting trip ,
Willie .
AnswerID: 160374

Follow Up By: Member - Phil [Sunshine Coast] - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 14:24

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 14:24
Hi Willie, will keep an eye out for the said 'midget squirrel' [must be a story there] Have a great trip.. Phil.
FollowupID: 415204

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 14:54

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 14:54
Hi Phil. We are doing some of the same trip, leaving the Gold Coast on 9th May. I'd love to go earlier, but have an Army reunion with guys I haven't seen for about 100 years over the long weekend before that.

We are going out via Innimincka, CC, Birdsville (side trip into the Simpson) then up via Mt Isa and across to Broome. Will be in Broome, Cape Leveque and Middle Lagoon for about 2 weeks from 5th June.

Heading back via GRR, Mitchell Plateau, Kalumburu, Darwin, Litchfield, Kakadu, Gulf Road, Lawn Hill, etc etc.

Plan is about 15 or 16 weeks, but like you I'm a bit worried the wife will get a bit keen for home once we hit the QLD border on the way back.

I've got the Hilux and CT, but no tinnie unfortunately. Wanted to take one, but couldn't get the mods done to the CT in time. So this trip is a recce for the next one.

Only bookings we have made are Broome, Cape Leveque and Middle Lagoon. I've got our route pretty much planned, but the timing is very flexible.

Happy to exchange mobile phone numbers via PM if we are likely to cross paths. We are with friends for a fair bit of the trip over, but once we leave Broome on the way back we are traveling alone.

Norm C
AnswerID: 160445

Reply By: Rob from Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 15:54

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 15:54
I leave Cairns about the 7th April. Travel down to Flinders Ranges, Kangaroo Island, Perth and South West corner then up West Coast to Broome, Cape Leveque, GRR, Darwin, Lawn Hill, Karumba, back to Cairns over 2 months. White 100 Series rego 50-AOK say hello if you see us. UHF 40. Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 160452

Follow Up By: Member - Phil [Sunshine Coast] - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 17:43

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 17:43
Hi Rob, will keep an eye out, from early May in the WA area.
You must find it tough, ? all that camping ,& having to check out all the beaut spots, lol What a pis$ off!! Have a good one....
Phil
FollowupID: 415253

Follow Up By: Rob from Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 18:42

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 18:42
Camping! Don't think so, not with this lady, accommodated all the way. Tho this trip she has told me she would like to spend one night sleeping in the desert so I will have to organise that, throw in a tent and sleeping bag I guess, I always take my swag just in case. Tuff life, duty of care all that stuff ;-) Cheers Rob
FollowupID: 415270

Follow Up By: Member - Patrick (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 20:12

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 20:12
Hi Rob,

With all that travelling it should leave a 'Rosie' look on your cheeks buy the time you get back to Cairns.

Cheers, Patrick

PS - Sorry about the pun but I have the devil in me tonight.

FollowupID: 415287

Reply By: Member - Pud & Barb R (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 18:45

Tuesday, Mar 14, 2006 at 18:45
I am just drooling. Hanging out for a trip. Last time we stayed in Broome we camped at the caravan park behind Cable Beach Resort. Site # BBQ 1 from memory. Stayed 3 weeks and this site and ones around are under lovely shady trees, close to the loo's and pool. Recommend it. Have a great trip and keep safe all of you.
Barb
AnswerID: 160482

Sponsored Links