Why are we here (on EO)

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 20:20
ThreadID: 31777 Views:2598 Replies:27 FollowUps:31
This Thread has been Archived
The thread that was started as an apology from Des Lexic (I still don't know what he was apologizing for; doesn't matter) and the discussion that followed got me thinking. Why are we here?

I've got three web sites that I fire up every morning and I stay logged on all day. This is one and the other two are to do with share market investing (my other great interest) and one of them is also a forum. Now, I don't spend all day in front of the computer, but I do check in a few times on most days. I don't watch a lot of TV, so I spend a couple of hours most evenings on the computer chooking around. A fair amount of that time is on EO.

Now that is a lot more time than is required to get information needed for trip planning, setting up the 4B etc. Like most, I like learning new things and sharing knowledge and experience when I can, but that's not the whole story.

(Gets philosophical now). I suspect I'm like a lot of others. Sharing experience and knowledge is part. Then you have entertainment (and it is entertaining sometimes), social interaction, a 'chat around the fire', a discussion and sometimes a debate. But there's more. It is like any large group of people, like your school days (if you can remember), at work or a club you are in. You come to respect some, but perhaps not others. You gravitate to the views of some, but not others. You might even form (virtual) friendships with some, but not others. No different to 'real life'.

For some people who are a bit isolated (by distance or circumstance) it is an outlet to another world. A chance to interact with people which may not otherwise be possible. I guess I'm a bit like that when SWMBO is watching a favourite TV show that I'm not interested in.

Well I think that's why I'm here. What about you?

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 20:37

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 20:37
During the summer months I am stuck at home.

In winter I go bush.

In summer Mozzies prevent me from messing around in the shed at night.

I HATE the TV crap that we get dished up these days.

So I come on to EO and waste time...lol

The advice and comments are entertaining, annoying, cynical, frustrating, really dumb, or informative.

Having been here a while. I do get sick of the same old questions and answers but I join in the fun from time to time. Other times I think up something to stir the pot and by cheeses, do I get some bites.

I have thrown three wobblies and have taken sabbaticals, but always seem to come back.

Have been to many other sites but only this one remains in my 'Favourites'

I have made many friends from mutual interests via Exploroz and we have been 'out there' enjoying life in the bush or by the sea.
AnswerID: 160738

Follow Up By: Lone Wolf - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 20:41

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 20:41
Yep, what he said.

I write in the evenings, on my laptop, and I always have EO open, trouble is, is I write too much on EO......

Wolfie
FollowupID: 415536

Reply By: Jimbo - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 20:59

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 20:59
Norm,

This place is BIG and like any BIG place the politics occur.

Cliques occur; you may be "in" or "out".

Some people get a "cult" following. They are seen to be bigger than life, when in fact they may be nothing more than people like the rest of us who may have an opinion.

Others spend time in front of computer screens when they could actually be out earning a living.

Sychophants generally prevail (as in so much of life) but never really succeed.

Opinions are often quelled by the Sychophants.

Vigorous debate has to be stifled by the moderators because some simply can't offer an opinion without personal abuse.

Some consider themselves to be so "special" that their opinions should never be debated. They may believe themselves to above the mere mortals.

I could go on, but why?

I enjoy the exchange of information and stick just to that these days. I do at times fail to resist the temptation to wind up a few, but that is human nature.

Take this place for what it is.

Cheers,

Jim.
AnswerID: 160750

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:13

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:13
Jim, how dare you talk about me (or Willem) like that. LOLLOLLOL
FollowupID: 415594

Follow Up By: Willem - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:23

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:23
Speak for yourself, Aunty Ruth.
FollowupID: 415600

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:01

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:01
So, are you 'in' or 'out' or a 'sychophant'? Just joking, Joyce!
FollowupID: 415606

Follow Up By: Willem - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:08

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:08
I have desperately tried to see into which category I may fall as the cynic who posted this and I have had various disagreements over cyberspace.

The one good thing though is that he did take my advice when driving in the sand dunes and he did very well in his psuedo 4x4...lol

Joyce?..hahahahahaha Funny you should say that.......
FollowupID: 415607

Follow Up By: Jimbo - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 18:24

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 18:24
Yes I do agree with you there Willie, I learnt a hell of a lot from you on that day. It still rates as my favourite day of 4wding.

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 415701

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 23:14

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 23:14
I wore thru the knees of my sychophants, so I made them into shorts
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 415761

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 07:49

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 07:49
Bonz, I couldn't think of a better ending for your sychophants! (or Willie's either!)
FollowupID: 415800

Reply By: Bros 1 - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 21:00

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 21:00
Norm C,
Learn, amusement and impart knowledge, i suppose are the main reasons i spend all my idle hours here. (I think the rubbish on TV might have a bearing also).
Cheers,
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 160752

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 21:22

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 21:22
Originally I came for the information, I STAY for the people..... and the chocolate

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 160762

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:29

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:29
So... Not just because you're 100% gorgeous...???
FollowupID: 415788

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 17:59

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 17:59
Oh no mate, I became gorgeous by reflecting the beauty of the people I have met here.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 415920

Reply By: cokeaddict - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 21:44

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 21:44
U mean i can log off this site anytime i want..? Here iw as thinking it was my Hotel California...u know....."u can check in anytime u like..but u can never leave"

Hmmm
AnswerID: 160769

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 22:44

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 22:44
Norm,

Why am I here.

To communicate with like minded people across this vast land.
To read about other peoples travels and experiences and I hope some will read about mine.
Where else can you find out about the widget on a Nissan to a fritz on a Toyota.
From far away camp sites to what is happening in our own back yard.
The Friday funnies and the "pick this place" competition are there to be looked forward too and enjoyed.
The characters on this site make it. Some are very funny some knowledgeable but all are characters
This is why am here.

Wayne
AnswerID: 160784

Reply By: Member - Ozdyssey (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:00

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:00
It's the meaning of life isn't it.

Whenever we see people caught up in the rat race of consumerism or crying over spilt milk on the zombie box or you see that poor lost soul in his convertible SAAB at the lights - we know it could all be solved if they just tried camping.

I've never read more words in my life than the last 2 years getting back into camping and 4wding. I've never been a reader but I'll now read anything involved with this. This is how I know it's for me. I feel like I've come up for air after 20 yrs working.

We get 99% of our info here and we get lots of laughs, which is good for the soul, and we have even shed a few tears, also good for the soul.

Where would we be if the site was shutdown tomorrow? gulp!

Now cough up the share tips Norm. Sounds like you've got the right balance.

John

AnswerID: 160789

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:02

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:02
I like that one
FollowupID: 415564

Reply By: revhead307 - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:09

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:09
I'd always search google for 4wd related questions and kept ending up with Exploroz threads.

After getting directed here a few times i thought i'd stay.

Spend more time on here than the other forums i frequent...think i waste a bit of work time lol

Rev
AnswerID: 160793

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:14

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:14
Simply good fun.

And quite a bit of good info also.

VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 160796

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:25

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:25
Info, social, enjoyment, waste time. spend money, make friends and look at members rig pics
AnswerID: 160800

Follow Up By: Russ - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 22:15

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 22:15
U sd it nackers.

"Prickle"
LOL
FollowupID: 415749

Reply By: Trekkie (Member - WA) - Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:42

Wednesday, Mar 15, 2006 at 23:42
Yeah All the above and more. The Forum is a wealth of information and prior to becoming a member last May I actually subscribed to 4WD mags to get my fix. I soon stopped that. I have a couple of mates who we do a bit of camping with who are Internet illiterate - I continuously relate Forum disussions etc to them - they are amazed at the information on the site. My real life entails using a computer and internet all day and I really enjoy coming home of an evening and using the Internet for lighthearted entertainment instead of work. I enjoy the friendly banter that goes on at times - no one gets really upset. Hope to meet some other Forumites in my travels some time in the future
AnswerID: 160802

Follow Up By: Wisey (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 17:04

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 17:04
Trekkie

Do we need to be beamed up to meet or are you going to come down to earth?

Andy
Downunder
FollowupID: 415686

Reply By: Member - Pud & Barb R (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 00:44

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 00:44
All of the above. I'm hooked. Hardly watch the box anymore, just listen to the country music channel while I get my fix on the forum. Tis sad, not your usual pastime for a woman but then I'm not normal it would seem. Bought a winch a few years ago at the 4x4 show in Sydney and the guy reckoned it was the first time he'd sold a winch to a woman! When I told our 2 daughters we were going to Kembla Grange the 9yr old asked "is Dad coming too".
It's a great passtime for those nights when sleep eludes me. Beats reruns hands down.
Barb.
PS You're right Norm, a chat around the fire.
AnswerID: 160813

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 00:45

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 00:45
Information, entertainment and a lot of 'virtual' friends. Could'nt ask for more.

Regards
AnswerID: 160814

Reply By: Footloose - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:03

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:03
In essence, perhaps we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here.........
All of the above , including being unable to sleep.
I could say we love to see our posts disappear...but I won't.
Norm, watching the markets ? Yikes, that's far too depressing, up and down faster than ...well you know. I've tried various correlations and graphing trends etc but overall there's no logic but expectation, fear and greed. :))
I just check the smh after close of trade.
AnswerID: 160824

Reply By: Troopy Travellers (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:37

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:37
Having a common interests makes for great interaction. I guess a lot of us are "over it" with t.v. Getting information, ideas, laughs and friendships all in one hit makes it great way to entertain oneself and you dont even need to comb your hair or put your lippie on ;)
AnswerID: 160830

Reply By: Member - Tony G (ACT) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:50

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:50
I can re-live past travels and feel the need to go again. Being kept up to date on camping spots, road conditions and other peoples experiences. Vehicle set ups and some great ideas put up by others.

And of cause there are the wan##rs and wanta be's but thats what you get from a vast cross section of 4WDERS. I enjoy it.
AnswerID: 160838

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:57

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:57
Pretty much the same reasoning here Norm..... I started a few years back surfing 4wd related forums and still occassionally lurk on a couple of others. No names, but suffice to say that those forums will never get my $$$$. Most of them are frequented by 4wd'ers who have a lot of fun doing their thing, but their way of doing their thing isn't the way I do things........ LOL.... make sense?

For the most part, the regulars here are great to swap messages with, and the depth of info is amazing!

In other words, what Bonz said!

;-)

Cheers

Brian
AnswerID: 160840

Reply By: Member - bushfix - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:09

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:09
G'day Norm,

like I posted in a recent thread, this site and shows like Ian MacNamara's (indeed ABC radio) are so important to me and I believe will become more significant to us Australians as time marches on. The bush is my medicine and I'll take it whenever and however I can. So for me, this site is just the tonic.

I'm more of a loner than a group person, especially when camping, so I may be a bit quiet compared to others here. The banter and information is wonderful but I must say, imo if there was ever an example of what this "family" means to us, it was the very moving, reaching out to Bonz and his family.

kind regards,

Jeremy
AnswerID: 160842

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:44

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:44
Norm, think I had a little philosophical rant in that thread of Des Lexic about why we are all here on EO, maybe it was in the rant on ages, dunno, maybe I've ranted a bit this week. Haha.
Like Willem, I'm stuck inside all summer and sometimes the only conversation I get all day is on EO (my husbands just grunts a lot). Coming from a political background into the deepest bush the one thing I really missed apart from the smell of coffee and delicatessans (and hairdressers and high heels) was the cut and thrust of political life - so I bought a large and expensive espresso machine, always have cheese and olives in the cold room and then I discovered EO - and my 'family' was complete.
Having always been outdoorsy and camped lots it has been the best thing to find others (albeit on EO) who like to do the same things and be able to talk about it and anything else. Probably because I'm weird (?!) I could never go camping with my "real" friends but would have absolutely no trouble camping with my "virtual" friends - these virtual friends I've had the pleasure of meeting lots of, and that's been the best part. Sorry, haven't had breakfast yet and raving already.
The really best part (apart from all of everyone elses stuff above Posts) is that after the ages thing, it seemed we are all of similar ages (?!?), definitely similar ways of wanting to live, having wonderful senses of humour, all love sitting around the "virtual" campfire (I get to do that every night in 'real' life soon) - but I love the way this forum is encouraging of young families to get out and have a go at camping, teaching the little ones about wonderful simple pleasures (like DVD behind the seats - NO NO NO NOT THAT) - like talking, listening, singing, having a fire, poking the fire, walking, smelling smoke, boiling the billy and listening to the birds etc. etc., seeing the waterfalls. Us older ones take all that for granted (a bit) and I still find it amazing there are people who never leave their houses to get out and partake of life and see something other than the vista around their house.
Get on with it - life's too short as it is. End of Lesson.
AnswerID: 160850

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:09

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:09
I agree Ruth. With respect to the kids, it is one of the great things with the 4WD Club I'm in as well. Lots of families with kids. They really love getting out, camping, camp fire etc. And most of them are good kids. They learn much more doing this than playing video games.

My kids are grown up, but I enjoy the younger ones having a good time and learning. Just not very tolerant of the occasional disobedient 'monster'; fortunately not many of them.
FollowupID: 415608

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:03

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:03
"Virtual" campfire"
I love that description Ruth, just a bit like "Bush TV"

I hope we can continue our discussions and banter on the "Virtual Campfire" and supplement it with a meeting or two beside the "Bush TV" one day.

Cheers
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 415639

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:43

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:43
John, I think we'll be meeting up early May when we follow the Leader
(Uncle Martin/Willem) on an adventure.
FollowupID: 415650

Reply By: Shawn - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:51

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 08:51
Same reason as everyone else,
Crap TV, entertaining people, entertaining/exciting at times but informative most of the time.
Example: Wife did a google search the other day about storage of cryovac meat, couldn't find what she was looking for over a 30 minute period. I did a seach for her on this site and had the answers to her questions in about 2 minutes.
The wealth of knowledge that is available from the vast majority of people of the EO family is astonishing.
Thanks everyone
Cheers
Shawn
AnswerID: 160852

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:29

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:29
G'day Norm,

There have been some great responses and that alone highlights the value of this forum. Apart from all the mateship and info I like the idea that as a group we come together on issues that happen in the community that may affect our 4wd persuits. The Harold factor and the like are important matters and even though we as EO aren't organised in a way to take on these issues in a more direct way I reckon the popularity of this forum will ensure that some people that matter are reading our concerns and acting on them. So by contributing to some of these healthy (?) debates we are contributing to a solution I feel - so her I am.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 160874

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:20

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:20
I've thought a bit about this before responding, and like so many others I too came here initially seeking info about our first big trip into the outback, and stayed as Bonz so eloquently put it for the people and [the chocolate]. Having two small kids, and doing a uni course online, I have EO running in the background most days and when I find my mind has just about got info overload or when I need timeout I check out what's happening. Apart from the fantastic information shared, the differences of opinions we all share is both a joy and a frustration, it's great to be a part of something where we can all be individuals and express ourselves, share triumphs and tragedies and feel we're not only among friends but also family.

My family and I have made some fantastic friends through this site, friends who we share so much of our precious free time with, with whom we can be ourselves, unwind with, stir up, laugh with even cry with, people who I firmly believe have become lifetime pals.

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 160888

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 23:29

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 23:29
and some have become....chocolate xxxx

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 415764

Reply By: Member - Bware (Tweed Valley) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:22

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:22
The info exchange goes without saying. Definitely entertainment value when you consider the other options like tv etc, but my kids get first prize in that department. I work nights and weekends therefore club membership or weekend gatherings are not on the agenda at this point so contact with like-minded folk on EO is the next best thing. It also keeps the travel bug fed.
AnswerID: 160889

Reply By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:32

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:32
Norm ,

Like you I have this chat site open all the time as well as a share trading package ( The Bourse ) open all the time as well .

I do jobs around the house , play with my car , do the Herald SUDOKU , Word Puzzle and the Easy Crossword and check ExplorOz and the Bourse on the hour ( or more if I have an active stock ) .

Exploroz has helped me out with good 4WD tips and a fair bit of fun . Jimbo always winds me up , and I always wind up Rob , but it's all good fun . I think the secret is not to take yourself too seriously .

I also have made some good on line friends and there are a couple of guys I really want to meet someday .

Cheers ,

Willie .
AnswerID: 160892

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:06

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:06
Hi Willie,
If you haven't done so, check out this link. Easily the best of the share trading forums. Like here, a mixture of good and 'not so good' advice, but once you sort the wheat from the chaff, some good info and helpful people. A few more personal agenders on that sort of site though.

Share Scene

FollowupID: 415640

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:10

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:10
Another try at the link:

Share Scene

FollowupID: 415642

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:34

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:34
Norm ,

I am a regular visitor to this site , but I have never made a post .I seems the there is some good stuff to be had , but also some guys with vested interests pushing their barrow. I also visit Hot Copper a fair bit .

The only large bet I have on at the moment is King Island Scheelite ( KIS ). Although I have a selection of junior explorers , I have pretty well pulled out of the market except for my oil stocks .

I used to be an operator on the trading floor in the Sydney Exchange , and worked there through the last nickel boom . Exciting days , and I have never lost my love for share trading .

What sort of investing are you in to ?

Cheers ,

Willie .
FollowupID: 415648

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 13:01

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 13:01
Pretty wide range. I use managed funds for some O/S exposure, but but mostly self managed on the ASX. Most of the stocks are in the Self Managed Super Fund. Got a few junior oilers (FAR, OPL, ROC) and a few other specs for the excitement, but mostly fairly conservative long term stuff. About 30% cash at the moment and increasing. Market is a bit heated in some sectors. More downside than up for a lot of stocks in my view.
FollowupID: 415652

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 13:35

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 13:35
Norm ,

My shares are in my superfund which is looked after by a management company . They did such a poor job managing it though , that I took over the reins about four years ago .

I am 33% cash . When I became aware that the resource sector was starting to move sideways , I thought future profits must now be factored in and they are just moving up and down with metal prices . The dividend return is minimal so it is better to take the money out , get a better yield and wait for the market to hit a speed bump somewhere in the next twelve months .

In oils , I have FAR and ROC as well . Also WPL ,OSH , AWE ,and MOS . MOS seems to be a dog , and gets a real serve on the chat channels .
Thinking of getting into HZN , but waiting for a downturn .I am not game to sell any oils stock . It's a shrinking reource , with a fast growing demand .

What is the go with Orchard - I know nothing about it .

It's a good , lucrative and sometimes exciting interest , as long as you don't lose your a$se . If you maintain a constant watch like we do , the chances of that are low .

Willie .

FollowupID: 415659

Follow Up By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 14:00

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 14:00
I've sent you a PM Willie as we are getting a bit off topic. Probably not a lot of others who share our other interest.

Norm C
FollowupID: 415666

Reply By: Wisey (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 17:45

Thursday, Mar 16, 2006 at 17:45
Great topic Norm

I love everything about this site, it's been my home page for ages. You Norm and all the good people who stop to "chat around the cyber camp fire" offering so much knowledge (2cnts from me) for any topic. The friendliness thrown about and and delivered when people have met. I've yet to meet (real life). But looking forward to a trip gathering which I can attend. You sum it up well why I come here as have many others.
David and Michelle, thanks for the opportunity.

Andy
AnswerID: 160971

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:48

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 04:48
It cost me $50 so I feel compelled to stay...LOL

Well I came here for information and was overwhelmed by the "community spirit"... I went on one day trip to the high country and met some really nice folk, had a ball, took a fridge instead of a spare wheel and of course ripped open a sidewall, publicly flogged myself for being so stupid and found it a bit easier to have a go with faces to match names...

I made a second day trip, one in support of a member at a time of loss. I met a few more members and was heartened by how closeknit this place was regardless of the actual physical distance between folk.

I also derive great pleasure from reading about all the adventures which are embarked upon, thinking how great it'll be when I'm in a position to head off and show my kids a part of this great land.
AnswerID: 161066

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 18:01

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 18:01
And Blue I must say, BOTH those first day trips were appreciated by me and mine mate.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 415921

Follow Up By: Wombat - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 18:55

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 18:55
You took the words right out of my mouth, Freaky.
FollowupID: 415946

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 22:06

Friday, Mar 17, 2006 at 22:06
What, about me being stupid hey Paul...???
FollowupID: 416006

Follow Up By: Wombat - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 11:15

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 11:15
Nah, I'd never describe you as that Blue - you're bigger than me . . . and you've got great taste in 4WDs.

"Well I came here for information and was overwhelmed by the "community spirit" . . ." was the statement that you took right out of my mouth . . . and thank goodness we weren't acting out a Meatloaf song when you did it!
FollowupID: 416364

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:10

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:10
the spirit is indeed intoxicating

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 416451

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:25

Monday, Mar 20, 2006 at 22:25
Meatloaf...??? Dare I say it was before my time...??? Wasn't he in the Spice Girls movie...??? I can't believe I just admitted to watching that piece of artistic poo...
FollowupID: 416459

Sponsored Links