Another car chase.

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:18
ThreadID: 32162 Views:2290 Replies:13 FollowUps:16
This Thread has been Archived
Another car chase is happening around here, for the fourth night in a row.

There has been a car chase nearly every weekend since before xmas.

The driving habits of Perths young drivers is scaring the bejeesus outta me. I can't remember the last time I saw a cop car cruising around, lurking about in the shadows. The crap that people get away with now, every day, every week.....if the cops were around, on the streets, in their cars, half of perth would be without a license and the streets would be a bit safer.

Hell, this is only little old Perth, how are you guys in Sydney going??????
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trekkie (Member - WA) - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:25

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:25
The way the Constabulary are in Perth it could be the same chase
AnswerID: 162908

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:27

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:27
Damn !!!! we don't get any excitment like that here dull boring UNTIL RODEO TIME everyone comes to town
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 162909

Reply By: Exploder - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:39

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:39
You know the funny thing, they never get away. Even if they do get away from the Cop’s chasing them, they seem to forget that the cop’s already have their Number plate and will simply show up later that night or the next morning with the cuffs.

Idiots, me thinks they have been watching to many Hollywood moves.

Offcourse then if the car is stolen, well I don’t give a rats about these low life’s I hope they get run off the road and caught by the police trying to get away and if they loose control and kill themselves when they take out a lamp post who cares I sure the hell don’t, they got what was coming to them, better they take out a lamp post than a pedestrian or another car IMO. At least then the wankers will be off the streets permanently.
AnswerID: 162912

Reply By: Bilbo - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:42

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:42
Muzzgit,

Don't worry about it mate. That's my stolen GXL Turbo 'Cruiser the're chasing!!

Wake me up from this nightmare when they find it.

Bilbo
AnswerID: 162913

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:58

Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 at 23:58
Muzzgit,

It is 11:58 PM Saturday night in the outer suburbs of Sydney and all is quiet. We are all at home watching the Games or like me on the computer.

When I say the outer suburbs of Sydney, Penrith is about 50km west of Sydney. This is at the base of the Blue Mountains and there are suburbs for another 50km heading west.

So there are no sirens going off, so it must be all quite in old Sydney Town tonight.

Wayne
AnswerID: 162917

Reply By: Member- Rox (WA) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 00:19

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 00:19
All P platers should be made to drive naturally aspirated diesels therefore there would be no speeding.
AnswerID: 162919

Follow Up By: arthurking83 - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:45

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:45
All P platers should be made to drive naturally aspirated diesels therefore there would be no speeding.

and no more than 1 litre capacity and two speed autos!

:))
FollowupID: 417691

Follow Up By: V8Diesel - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:49

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:49
Now there's a thought. A 3cyl Lister in front of a Holden Powerglide auto pushing a Series 1 Landrover.
FollowupID: 417692

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 15:59

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 15:59
A lot of the hoons are well past the P plater stage though.
FollowupID: 417729

Reply By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 00:32

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 00:32
Don't seem to have many out our way (north west of Sydney). Either, there are too few cops or they've hoisted the white flag and given up. Still a lot of "not long to be on this Earth" hoons though.

Regards
AnswerID: 162920

Reply By: cokeaddict - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 00:47

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 00:47
Dood.....u got it easy.
I live in a place called Bankstown in Sydney, safe to say its the "safest" suburn in Australia as far as terrorists activities go..reason is....they wouldnt dare blow their own kind up here...so for that im happy. BUT...my son has his scanner on 24/7 and there isnt a moment in this suburb that things go quiet. Just today, father shot his son at home, house was burnt down up the road, so far....5 police chases, cocktails thrown into a house just yesterday. The list goes on.

Ive bene here 20 years now, my only blessing is, my neighbours kids r involved with the main lebanses gang here, ive helped grow these kids up after their father passed away many years ago. So for that assistance we gave the mother all that time back is paying off, u see, the gang leaves us alone and even watches our house when we r out. I even get to say hello to them without any fear now. But god help anyone who even looks these guys in the eyes...i dont think they would live for long. These guys mean business, and cops being there does not worry them at all. They know the laws well and they use them to their advantage when needed. No wonder the cops have had enough. They lock them up knowing full well they will be set free within hours. As frustrating as it gets for the police, its how things are.

So thats life as we made it today. It wont change...ever, it will just get worse as time progresses.
Pssst....anyone want to buy a glock..cheap.....just kidding guys. Sorry its all so sad.

Ange
AnswerID: 162921

Follow Up By: babs - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:45

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:45
MMM, what we need is a New York police station in Bankstown, after a few shootings and beatings from the cops any body will be able look at these punks.
After all that's what these little bleep s wanna be, gangsters like the hardcore street rappers in America, well lets treat them like that a few Rodney King beatings wont go astray.
The big problem is that our coppers are pussy's, youth with no confidence, no muscle or streetwise and not a good justice system to back them up.

Its all this easy, all politicians LISTEN here is how it works .....
O (ZERO) TOLLERANCE.

One more time for the DUMMIES its ZERO FRICKEN TOLLERANCE.

Babs for police minister lol lol lol
FollowupID: 417690

Follow Up By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 15:48

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 15:48
It aint the cops that are weak. They no longer have the powers they used to. A certain high profile Brit made sure of that.

I work in Bankstown and know exactly what cokeaddict is talking about.

Most of us know what the problem is and know that there is a solution (and one that is fair and within the realms of human rights), but whilst politicians are happy to listen to a loud minority of do gooders, and dont want to rock the boat, things are just going to get worse.

All this could have been nipped in the bud well over 10 years ago, but as per usual, it was all swept under the rug by the bureaucrats.

But Zero tollerance would certainly be a good starting point.
FollowupID: 417727

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 15:57

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 15:57
Unfortunately the disorganized majority don't make anywhere near as much noise as the organized minority. That's what political lobbying can do.

Regards
FollowupID: 417728

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 13:57

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 13:57
Bring back the Summuary Offences Act. I know it was abused , but it was a beauty to sort out the louts.

A drunken lout - Public Intoxication - Get in the back of the truck.

Turn Your pockets out - No Money - Vagrancy - Get in the back of the truck

Spitting in a Public Place - Get in the back of the truck.

Your mates have been convicted of a felony - Consorting - Get in the back of the truck.

Urinating in a Public Place - Get in the back of the truck.

Foul speech & swearing in a Public Place - Get in the back of the truck.

Train them when their young.

Ian
FollowupID: 417910

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 14:03

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 14:03
Ian W,

You forgot the smack in the ear/kick in the butt THEN 'Get in the back of the truck.' :))))))
FollowupID: 417911

Reply By: techo2oz - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 07:43

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 07:43
Ah to have the serenity of the bush... Oh that's right I am almost there...

Out here in Dubbo, Central west NSW, Car chases, house burnings, youth violence are a weekly (sometimes nightly) event. Just last night a group of youths were "cautioned" for throwing rocks at a medical centre then at passing cars.

Vehicles are stolen on a regular basis, driven around town at high speeds then either taken to local reserves and torched, or used as transport to a certain region of town then dumped with extreme damage.

The local constabulary are trying. They are frustrated though because their hands are bound when it comes to dealing with these people. The young people know that unless it is a very serious crime, and they are caught red handed, they are reasonbly safe. When the adults are caught, the legal system is (or appears to be) very lenient and they get a warning, a small fine and they are back out on the streets again to do the same again. Sure they might lose a license, but just because you don't have that bit of plastic, doesn't mean you can't steal and drive a car....

The police and the local government are searching for answers to try and find a way to curb the antisocial behaviour which plagues our community, but it would seem they are fighting a losing battle, especially as though we are not alone in our plight.
AnswerID: 162930

Reply By: Member - ROTORD - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 09:05

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 09:05
Hello All

They don't have these problems in Singapore , but for some strange reason we are not allowed to look there for answers .
AnswerID: 162934

Reply By: Willem - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 21:43

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 21:43
The occasional drug bust here in Peterborough SA. Apart from that the regular monthly stuff of drunk and disorderly, DUI or drivng an unregistered trailer...lol

Wheelies and burnouts are becoming a thing of the past since the new HOON laws came into effect. Get caught for doing a burn out and you lose your car for 48 hours. Next offence you lose it for 3 months, third offence ta ta car!!! But the tyre marks are still fresh about 5 to 10 km out of town.

Dead quiet in my street tonite. Even the dogs are keeping mum.

Might get 10 cars a day going past my house.

Ahh......... the quiet country life
AnswerID: 163036

Follow Up By: Michael B - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:45

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:45
Willem,

Didn't realise that our town next door had so many problems...

Thought it was bad here in Jamestown, why just last week a local was fined for having his rear number plate covered in mud..lol

Hicksville....just love it

Michael B (SA)
FollowupID: 417848

Reply By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 21:44

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 21:44
Capital Punishment!!!!!!
AnswerID: 163037

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 21:49

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 21:49
Greg,

I did'nt think you'd be one to propose soft options. Hang, draw and quarter the mongrels :)))))

Regards
FollowupID: 417786

Follow Up By: Member - greg S (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 22:08

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 22:08
Gramps,

1 Mongrel= 1 Bullet :)))

Greg
FollowupID: 417788

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 22:12

Sunday, Mar 26, 2006 at 22:12
LOL yep ..... I can agree wholeheartedly with that. Why worry about oxygen thieves ???
FollowupID: 417789

Follow Up By: techie - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 19:50

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 19:50
Major accident - car loses control, crashes and driver is killed - AAaaaww.
crap - one less idiot to maim and kill innocent victims.
If passengers are killed, they knew the risks before they got in the car, it is advertised on TV night after night.
If they kill innocent people in other cars - capital punishment. Won't do it again in a hurry - and others will sit up and take notice.
Their friend gets capital punishment - think they will do the same? - i think not!
It amazes me the parents who, even after their kids have killed other people, say "They are really nice people inside". Nice people don't act recklessly endangering lives.

A license is a privelege, not a right!

My personal beef, glad it's out of my system!
Techie

FollowupID: 417981

Reply By: Wombat - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:01

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:01
A car went past our house last night.
AnswerID: 163111

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:13

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:13
Should be a law against it :)))))
FollowupID: 417859

Follow Up By: Wombat - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:24

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:24
It really scared me Gramps - in fact I'm still shaking now. It was after sunset and we were just sitting there when we heard this faint sound which just got louder and louder and louder . . . . then we saw the lights. Everyone suddenly became quite panicked and the thought of alien abductors entered at least one mind. When we realised it was indeed, a horseless carriage our fears were allayed to a certain extent, but the question remains - What was it doing there 'after dark'? I think it may have been those terrorists that we keep hearing about, although there aren't any terrace houses in our area so they were a long way from home.
FollowupID: 417863

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:28

Monday, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:28
LOL terrorists, terrace houses hahahahaha

Just be careful if the light beams are red and pencil thin. You'll know them by the BANG sound that usually follows when they stop searching :)))))
FollowupID: 417864

Sponsored Links