Co Pilot Live

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 16:54
ThreadID: 32265 Views:1635 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Am looking at purchase of navigation software Co Pilot Live to run on a PDA.

Has anyone had any experience with Co Pilot Live?

Good and bad points would be appreciated,
Thanks

Willy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul P (Bris) - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 17:35

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 17:35
Greetings

I use it on a HP PDA with a bluetooth (SIRFIII) GPS. Works well. The software/mapping is not perfect and I feel the PC interface is average.

The PDA side is quite good. Maps are not quite up to date. You can certainly get rid of the Paper Street directory though.

I would suggest RAM mounts if you intend to use it in a 4WD. Make sure the PDA speaker volume is loud enough otherwise you will need an external speaker for it (PDA)

I would also check out the latest version of Destinator.

Regards

Paul
AnswerID: 163471

Reply By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 18:09

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 18:09
If you already have the PDA then so be it, but I use a Garmin Quest and it is small, easy to read,and with the window suction mount it sits on the dash and don't move ,I have had some say the text is too small and they reackon it will be hard to read, well maybe they can't work out how to make text from small to medium or large ,Your dollars you decide.

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 163476

Reply By: Member - Mike DID - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 19:25

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 19:25
CoPilot Ver 4.5 had too many errors even in Sydney. It had lousy map coverage outside the cities - but apparently that has improved a bit in Ver 5.

They do NOT all use the same maps - CoPilot uses WhereIs-UBD whereas Destinator uses MapInfo.

Mike
AnswerID: 163494

Reply By: Emo - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 20:03

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 20:03
I run an Ipaq HX4700 with Destinator, Oziexplorer and GPSDash. I have a CF card GPS receiver. It sits in a powered cradle with external speaker that I got from eFrontier. I looked at Co-Pilot but there seems to be too many problems. I used tomtom for a while but I would that to be a bit unstable for my liking. I now run Destinator and haven't looked back.
AnswerID: 163506

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:04

Tuesday, Mar 28, 2006 at 21:04
FYI: Destinator is available in the ExplorOz Shop.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 163529

Sponsored Links