Info re outings/weekenders

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 14:45
ThreadID: 32424 Views:1597 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi folks.....this is not a technical/mechanical query ( leave that up to you technical fellas!)...just wondering if there is ever weekend trips/ camps whereby folks could get to meet and discuss thier travels, other than off-roading? I realise this site is mainly for you serious off-road guys, but for someone like me who really isn't into off-roading, was just wondering if there are any other activities other than off-roading that might be in the offing? Not complaining, guys, I find it all very interesting, even if a lot of it is outside my particular interests.
Regards
'Bronco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 16:39

Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 16:39
I realise this site is mainly for you serious off-road guys

Ray , i think you read this forum in the wrong light ,, i get more laughs here than on the comedy channel , i'm rather lost without my nightly fix of this mad house ..

Like your work too , keep it up ..

Neil.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 164278

Follow Up By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 16:56

Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 16:56
Neil ----- Ah Ha ---Thy still breatheth eh!

Ray aka Bronco is on a great sojourn (that's a techo word for tempory stay here, there and everywhere) of our great country - painting, sketching and the like - he just does not want to get off road to much ok! So how about some input from thee out there who do the traps like Bronco. I for one would like to see and here how the likes of us 2x4's and 2x2's do it.

I know Neil you can get me into a Paj for about $9k... SWMBO has a rather large say in that...as you know my man.....

By the way Bronco where for art thou?

FollowupID: 419154

Follow Up By: Member-Neil & Margie-Cairns - Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 17:04

Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 17:04
I know Neil you can get me into a Paj for about $9k... SWMBO has a rather large say in that...as you know my man.....

Not any more ,, its gone , you'll get to see it at Emu Ck i hope , is there going to be another get toghtheh before then ??
Neil .

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 419157

Follow Up By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 17:10

Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 17:10
Yep - a beverage tasting comp. It will be no name beer xxxx on the bottles...just to fool you...

Will drop an email via memebers section soon.....

Ah bugger! about the Paj....oh well just have to bide my time bud...
FollowupID: 419158

Follow Up By: Member - Ray ( (VIC) - Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 18:17

Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 18:17
(Laughing!)...yeah, reminds me of a mate who got into Hi-Fi (back then)..got so darned involved in all the technical issues..got to the stage that he was listening to the quality of the sound, rather than the music itself!..No, I realise this is a site for people who really enjoy 'getting off the bitumen', so to speak, and good on ém!...me, I just love travelling, the easier the better! my rig is tuned to tow my camper, and get me over the rough spots, if needed. I travel the high country a hell of a lot for my work, so often on rough tracks..but I try and keep it sensible! I tend to think off-roading could become extremely expensive,..always that new piece of gear to get! Anyhow, I really do enjoy reading the posts...perhaps I may even learn something!
FollowupID: 419168

Reply By: Member - Prickle (SA) - Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 20:37

Saturday, Apr 01, 2006 at 20:37
Bronco,

I am anything but into the techo stuff.

I am here cos I enjoy the reading and like the others have been getting a fix here for some years.

Have been setting up the new truck and always looking for ideas, this is a good spot to get them.

We have been camping for years and recent years into 4x4 driving.
If it is a get together you want, why not post an invitation.

Enjoy
Russ

Life-often hell but never boring.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 164314

Sponsored Links