Connecting Nokia Car Kit to 100 Series CD player

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:16
ThreadID: 32573 Views:1546 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have a Nokia Car Kit (CK-7W) and want to connect it to the 6 stack MP3 stereo in a 100 series so it turns the stereo off automatically when the phone is in use. Do I have to pull the stereo out? I assume there is a wire ready for a car kit to be connected? Instead of using the nokia speaker can you hook it up to the stereo speakers (holden did that when I got one installed to a commodore)? Where is the best place to mount the cradle without drilling holes that can be seen once the kit is removed? Is the best place to mount the 'brains' under the center console beside the auto gear stick? Is there enough room for both that and a TX3400 UHF? Any help would be appreciated!
Justin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:34

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:34
If the Yota is anything like the Jack, yes you will need to remove the stereo unit to track down the correct wire.

I couldn't be bothered. I just flick the volume knob down when a call is received.
(That's not illegal to do at least, but don't touch the bloody phone, or anything connected to it or the "Nazi's" will get you)

I also have a Blue Tooth "Easytalk" unit I use around town with a Motorola phone, which auto answers and automatically disconnects when the caller hangs up, so I don't even need to touch the phone at all.

Still use the Nokia Kit for the CDMA phone when out of the Metro area though.
Unlikely for the Police to catch me touching it "out there".
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 165241

Reply By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 13:23

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 13:23
H20,I had a nokia in my 80srs ,when i got the 100srs if ditched my old phone a got a new nokia which is blue ant compatible no wires at all and transferable from car to car just the ants pants.

Regards BILLS
AnswerID: 165259

Reply By: H2O - Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 18:54

Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 at 18:54
I live in a remote area so need the exteral aerial so I will have to install it (bluetooth is not going to cut it) - even if I have to forget about hooking it into the stereo. I wonder how clear the speaker is if I mount it under the centre console?
Cheers
Justin
AnswerID: 165343

Follow Up By: Marn - Friday, Apr 07, 2006 at 02:09

Friday, Apr 07, 2006 at 02:09
I put my kit for a samsung under the centre console along with the speaker. Works great especially with the nissan leather gear stick boot.(sound comes through good from speaker)
Cheers gerard
FollowupID: 420322

Sponsored Links