About time !

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 01:18
ThreadID: 33026 Views:2168 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Well.............after months of preparation both vehicle and itinerary we are finally here. We leave on Sunday morning for our trip around OZ. First stop Coffs Harbour (from Sydney) then heading to the Cape and beyond.

It's been said before in previous posts by many but I too would like to sincerely thank everyone for their input and advice. The forum has been most informative and I would love to give further input and advice after our experiences.

I would love to meet up with any exploreoz type of people on our journey. I can be contacted at damienita@yahoo.com.au. Would love to hear from people heading up that way in the next month or so. Perhaps we can share a bottle of wine or three over a camp oven cook-up.

We will be on the road for about 6 months. Both my wife and I (no kids) are looking forward to it and hope to meet people along the way. (Jeez I must sound desperate) Not really !!!!!! Just want to share our experiences with others.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dave_01 - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 06:49

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 06:49
Have a great trip.

I hope cyclone Monica isn't doing too much damage in the Cape.
AnswerID: 167718

Reply By: Mike Harding - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 06:58

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 06:58
Consider setting up a website (or a Yahoo group?) and putting details of your current and intended locations on that, then we'll know if we're likely to be in the same area at the same time.

Mike Harding
AnswerID: 167720

Follow Up By: Brad - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:24

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:24
We are also heading off in approx 7 weeks. Have been looking into the idea of setting up a travel blog. Has anybody done this before? Seems a fairly easy way to chronicle your trip
Cheers
Brad
FollowupID: 422954

Follow Up By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:39

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:39
That's the way to go!!!! Get a site up and running for all of us to enjoy....

Grrr!!!
FollowupID: 422984

Reply By: Member - Loco Locums - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:21

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 08:21
Hi Damien,
We're currently in Rockhampton until Sunday...leaving here Monday morning and I'm dropping Julie off in Hervey Bay for a Mum n Dad week. I'll head home near Caboolture to check on our rental property and get new tyres on the LC and do the final pack for our 2 months in the Red Centre...so it looks like we're going in different directions....we haven't seen the "Rock" and surrounds yet.

Maybe doing Daintree to Darwin in August....

Anyway we know how excited you are as we've been doing the same over the last couple of months too.

Have a great trip and we might see you on the trail one day.

Cheers
Rick & Julie
AnswerID: 167735

Reply By: Member - Kevin R (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:58

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:58
Just a note to prospective visitors to far nth Qld and the cape that we have had a very big late wet season up here. March rainfall in Cairns was over 600mm and this month is currently over 400mm with more to come from the cyclone crossing at Lockhart river. It would be better to maybe travel a bit later this if you want to have an enjoyable trip to the top

Cheers

Kevin
AnswerID: 167762

Reply By: briggzee (WA) - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 13:21

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 13:21
Damien, It sounds as though we will be following you. We dont leave W.A. till 14/5(after the kids give my wife a good going away Mothers Day breakfast). We will spend time exploring the Qld coast before heading across the gulf and getting to Gibb River Rd in approx early Aug.
Our contact will be briggzee@westnet.com.au which we will check when we reach civilization. Will contact you to see if our paths cross.
Regards Craig and Dale
(only 25 more sleeps till we're off)
P.S. I second those comments about thanking exploroz people for their thoughts and advice. THANKS
AnswerID: 167788

Sponsored Links