Acer n-35

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 20:41
ThreadID: 33055 Views:1526 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Can anybody help me ! I have just invested in an Acer n-35 pda , which has a built in antenna to use as a gps. Which is the best and most suited gps program to use on it and where can I get it from. Any help would be greately appreciated.

T
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:27

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:27
T,

I'm not aware of any PDA that comes with a built-in GPS.

A PDA usually has a GPS card inserted in its card slot.

As far as a "GPS program", something like OziExplorer CE can be loaded which utilises data input by the GPS. You also need to load map data to display within OziExplorer. Destinator is another program that can be run on a PDA.

I suggest you look at www.gpsoz.com.au or www.ja-gps.com.au to get some further information.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 167917

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:48

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:48
Sand Man,

The Acer definately has an inbuilt GPS, I also have one and they are a nice little unit. I only run Co-pilot off it for street nav but in time I will progress to the OziExplorer CE once I fully wrap my head around this program (probably about the same time they stop making OzExp. haha).

Best Regards
Trevor.
FollowupID: 423171

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:33

Wednesday, Apr 19, 2006 at 21:33
OziExploreCE

Read about it here

www.oziexplorer.com/

Buy it here

Site Link

To get full benifit out of OziExplorer you will need both the PC version and the CE version.

An OziExplorer users group is available here

groups.yahoo.com/group/OziUsers-L

An OziExplorerCE users group is available here

groups.yahoo.com/group/Ozi-UsersCE

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 167919

Reply By: RobM - Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 08:06

Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 08:06
Hi T,

not sure of the best places to buy this software, maybe try ebay or johnny appleseed, but i'd suggest looking at Tom Tom software. I have used a couple of others including destinator and navigator and Tom Tom is my preferred one so far (even has the option of an "aussie" accent :)

maybe look around for demo ones to download.

BTW Sand Man, there are quite a few PDAs around now with inbuilt GPS like HP and Navman ( the HP has inbuilt everything from what i have seen!)

Rob.

PS, anyone know what happened to GPS OZ?? haven't been able to get onto their website for ages!
AnswerID: 168536

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 08:58

Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 08:58
Just got straight on, no problems at all.

Regards
FollowupID: 423902

Follow Up By: RobM - Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 19:33

Sunday, Apr 23, 2006 at 19:33
Well I can't work that one out, I have tried plenty of times with the same favourites and links through google but it times out everytime.

Ah well... all is good. There you go T.... another place for you to look for software, they give great advice too.

thanks for checking Al

Rob.
FollowupID: 423984

Sponsored Links