Bio diesel servo in Marrickville closed down - unless

Submitted: Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 14:16
ThreadID: 33127 Views:2121 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
From Outerlimits4x4.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As some of you may or may not be aware, "The Biodiesel Station" run by Morris Lyda at Marrickville in Sydney is closed as of the moment, due to the fact that the people who sub-leased the premises and equipment to Morris have failed to pay their rent to the station owner. Morris is desperately trying to secure the lease for the premises but the owner is of the opinion that the sale of biodiesel is not a viable business enterprise. Thus Morris has sent an email through to the members of the Sydney Biodiesel Users Group (www.biofuelsforum.com.au) asking for members to show their support.

What needs to be done is for you to send an email through to sales@abctyrepower.com.au, pledging your support for the sale of biodiesel. The Biodiesel Station is the only place in Sydney commercially selling biodiesel through a forecourt bowser, so to lose this will be a crying shame. This could very well be a defining moment in the future of biodiesel availability in Sydney. Please address your letter to station owner George Gourlas.

Here's a copy of a form letter Morris has prepared:

As a customer of The Biodiesel Station, I feel the site is well suited to launch the alternative fuel product and well situated to service the market. I support this business, and purchase fuel at The Biodiesel Station. I hope to continue. Judging by the notice on the web site, there have been problems, but according to my information, none linked to Mr. Lyda’s enterprise. Please do not allow the current tenant’s business management failures to influence your decisions on Mr. Lyda’s application. The Biodiesel Station, without any marketing, has demonstrated strong growth, and will continue to grow, if given an opportunity.

Biodiesel is a new product, but it is inevitably true that the market will grow. Your cooperation will be rewarded in increased product uptake and an ever-increasing customer base. Obviously, the increased customer participation at your site will only add to the location’s revenue generating potential and value. Furthermore, it highlights you and your family’s commitment to Australian businesses that benefit the Community. As Mr. Lyda’s application for tenancy is based on a short-term of six months, it gives you the opportunity to gauge the acceptance of the product and its potential at your site, and affords The Biodiesel Station a realistic chance to relocate. This is an opportunity not a liability.

If The Biodiesel Station relocates to another site, you will have lost my patronage. Granted, not a significant loss, but certainly, not a benefit. It is my hope that you will consider granting The Biodiesel Station an opportunity to reopen next week and continue as Sydney’s First Biodiesel Retail Outlet.

This is an urgent request -- a meeting has been set up THIS weekend (21/04/06) with the owner so please try and take five minutes out of your Friday afternoon/evening to help this cause.

Grassroots action at it's finest!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: cokeaddict - Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 14:53

Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 14:53
Well, I just sent an email to George. I hope others do the same. This is one email we should all get behind (diesel owners that is). We need to show the owner George, that there are many more of us than he thinks that would support his service station if he supported us.... tit for tat i was told.

Please send an email, keep it brief and direct though.

Please take the time and help get the biodiesel out there.
Ange

Thanks Truckster, I was heading down there tomorrow to fill up but i guess that wont be happening for now.
AnswerID: 168319

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 17:10

Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 17:10
what loses me the tanks in the ground would still eb full!

What may be just as good is 100 4b's turning up there to fill up!
FollowupID: 423660

Reply By: hl - Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 17:00

Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 17:00
Hi,

Don't know about "defining moment".
If dino diesel stays over a buck 40, it will be viable, Marrickville or not.
Cheers
AnswerID: 168343

Reply By: babs - Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 19:44

Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 19:44
Hey Truckster and every one else, sorry for my ignorance but I have been in hibernation, what is Biodiesel????? Please fill me in.

Yours Ignorantly,

Babs.
AnswerID: 168377

Reply By: Stewy1 - Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 20:33

Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 20:33
Hi Babs

Biodiesel is an alternative diesel fuel produced from used vegetable oils and animal fats etc. It can be used straight, or be blended with diesel hence the terms B100, B50,B20. It is widely accepted in Europe and has been used there for years.
Do a search on google and check it out, there's heaps of info there

regards
Stewy
AnswerID: 168391

Reply By: Member - Omaroo (NSW) - Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 21:11

Friday, Apr 21, 2006 at 21:11
email sent
AnswerID: 168397

Sponsored Links