Dual Battery System for STR Narvara

Submitted: Monday, May 01, 2006 at 22:16
ThreadID: 33437 Views:1669 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday All
Can any one help me with any idea's besides the 8" dual batt in the left rear pass side for this model.(current 2006) I thought I read something about a 12" going in where the precleaner is when a snorkle is fitted. ARB and the like have not metioned it when I made enquiries about the other one.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 06:07

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 06:07
Have you considered a portable battery system?

Something like the Blue Apple Thumper 75 A/H Portable Battery System and 20 amp In-car Charger can be bought as a kit including the heavy duty cable, fittings, patch cable and the pair of control units. Simply connect one controller to the positive battery terminal and install the other controller in the rear of the cab, or tray area. This controller has an Anderson connector which plugs into the battery pack via the "patch cable"

Because the battery pack is an AGM style, it can be placed at any angle you wish and will not spill, or create noxious gases.

If you have a need for 12 volt power at your camp site, or inside your tent/camper/caravan, you are not restricted by the length of a 12 volt cable.

And last of all, you have an excellent jump starter unit for emergencies. Will jump start just about anything you connect it to. The jump starter leads also come with the complete kit solution.

Cost is comparable to a conventional fixed dual battery installation.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 170161

Reply By: Derek from Affordable Batteries & Radiators - Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 06:53

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 06:53
Hi Wantago

You have 2 options in Universal Dual Battery Systems, The 'Joey' 55 a/h portable UDBS and The 'Flyer' 100 a/h portable UDBS.

I would normally make the new under bonnet battery the cranking one and their is a 520 cca one that fits perfectly. You then fit a big auxillary battery to the old cranking spot.

The UDBS is becoming very popular and fitted with AGM batteries and automatic isolators they work the same as a fixed system.

Here is a picture of the new cranking battery under bonnet.

Regards Derek.
AnswerID: 170165

Sponsored Links