mr swagman - swags

Submitted: Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 00:40
ThreadID: 33595 Views:5173 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gday,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Mr Swagman Swags and in particular the Mitchell model? If not does anyone have any suggestions as to which swags/manufactures are worth looking at?

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Breno
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 120scruiser (NSW) - Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 13:54

Saturday, May 06, 2006 at 13:54
I have a bushwakka swag and it looks like Mr Swagman copied them in a different colour. Either way good swag. Never been wet and they have a vinyl floor not canvas which I like.
The Bushwakka ones will be cheaper though.
Site Link
I have the trav-ler. The only thing I would change is I would have an eye let sewn on each corner to peg to the ground. I just hold mine up with occy straps. Can't beat it for a good night sleep except you can get too hot. I love my swag.

Hope this helps
120scruiser
AnswerID: 171133

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 12:02

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 12:02
Don't have any knowledge or experience with the Mr. Swagman Swag, but I would suggest it should suit your needs.

Looking at the stated features of the Mitchell model on the Web site, it has all of the important features you need, especially the high density foam matress. It doesn't state the thickness but if its around the 50mm mark you should be OK.
And it's Australian made, another good thing.

I have a "Down Under" brand Swag which I can recommend and is also Aussie made with heavy duty canvas, but the one you have "chosen" looks OK to me.

How much cheaper is the "budget" models compared to the "premium" models in the same Brand. Maybe compare the quality of each and possibly "stretch" your budget if possible.

A good quality Swag is a "lifetime" investment and you need to be happy with your "chosen sleeping companion".
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 171272

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 12:07

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 12:07
One other important consideration.

Some "single" swags are a little on the "tight" side.

Make sure you buy a swag with extra width (XL) if possible.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 426749

Reply By: breno - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 21:45

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 21:45
Thanks for your help guys appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers,

breno

AnswerID: 171423

Sponsored Links