Ozi Explore & Natmap Help me please.

Submitted: Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:14
ThreadID: 33637 Views:2435 Replies:9 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Is there any one in Melbourne that can run me through how to set up my mapping on my lap top of Natmap with Oz explore. I know Oz was kind enough to answer me some time ago but no matter what, I can not understand (Dumb as Dog P--) when it comes to computor programs. I am the only one that when it says push this it does THAT I do it and it does the exact OPPOSITE. I do not know what IMP XYZ etc means and either does my computor obviously. I can get the practice maps up but no way do I get the Natmap on my CD to come up ( It is designed to send me crazy I am sure) I am not blaming the program it is excellent and I would REALLY would like to use it some day. I only have three years to start our trip around OZ by then I think I can figure it out but if ANYONE CAN SHORTEN THIS BLOODY TIME I would REALLY like to learn earlier. If someone in Melbourne is game enough to try and help this illatrete? Illiterit? illirate? cant spell can't use computor person. Please email me and I will give you my telphone number and send you as crazy as I am.
Yrs Noel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PK Eildon (VIC) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:25

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:25
I'll give it a go if you are not in a big hurry. I should get down to Melb in next week or so for other things and happy to give you a hand.

Contact me on epv at virtual dot net dot au

In case you are that computer illiterate :) it is written in code so web spiders do not grab the address. at = @ dot =.
AnswerID: 171263

Follow Up By: Sunchasers - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:49

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 11:49
Hi PK

I have sent an email to you (Hope it is right) we go to Eildon regularly it is our second home, Van on Pondage.
Noel
FollowupID: 426746

Reply By: Member - Royce- Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 12:18

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 12:18
Isn't this great! Just what the Exploreoz idea is all about. Good on you.
AnswerID: 171274

Reply By: Old Scalyback & denny - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 13:41

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 13:41
roughly where in melbourne and what sort of gps
are you loading from cd or have you saved maps to hard drive

steve
AnswerID: 171288

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 13:53

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 13:53
If you get down Geelong way I can help, have nice warm home, beer and plently of food for a weekend oziexplorer brain jamb session. You can camp in the backyard or squeeze in the house. You just have to put up with a couple of gregarious little girls jumping all over you.
AnswerID: 171291

Follow Up By: Sunchasers - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:45

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:45
Thanks Ray it sounds like a good Idea I have had an invitation for help from Eildon where we go regularly so I will ask him to help and also look up the GPS link to learn more it's just getting started thats the problem.
I will take you up on the beer and the company next time we come down to Geelong and i will keep you up to date on my exploration into the unknown world of map reading.

Cheers to you and your family

Noel & Famaly.
FollowupID: 426766

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 16:42

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 16:42
oh ok Noel, you changed from a non member to member Sunchasers..lol you had me fooled there.

My email and ph number are behind my pic, be great to have you here sometime.
FollowupID: 426781

Reply By: falcon74656 - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:13

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:13
Give the GPS Australia forum a try www.gpsaustralia.net/ If they cannot help online I know that some of the members are from melbourne.
AnswerID: 171296

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:59

Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 14:59
If you get lost and end up in South West WA I'll help out:)
Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 171301

Reply By: Wizard1 - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 13:22

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 13:22
Pamnoel,
I also had a lot of dramas setting my Oziexplorer/NATMAP relationship. Despite all the questions on forums I finally went to the Oziexplorer website and found the directions on how to set it up.

If this is of any assistance go to:

www.oziexplorer.com

go to the link on the left side of the page "Australian Page" this will take you to the page that deals specifically with NATPAP.

then scroll down to the link "Using the maps with Oziexplorer"

This will take you to an area which you need to sort through and find the version of NATMAP you have. I followed the directions and it has worked fine ever since.

My tip is to copy and save all your NATMAP map files in a folder in the Oziexplorer folder under programs on your C drive. This negates the requirement to always carry the CDs with you.

Best of luck.

Wizard
Gold Coast
AnswerID: 171505

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 16:26

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 16:26
If you install both Natmap and OziExplorer as default settings, you should have no trouble.

Install Natmap first, preferably in the default "C" drive directory.
Install Ozi Explorer, then run the Napmap utility on the Ozi Installation CD.
This will tell Ozi exactly where to find the Natmap *.Map files and by default this is C:\NATMAP\......etc.
Only if you install Natmap on another Drive or partition, e.g. "D" drive and/or directory, do you need to change the settings within OziExplorer to tell it to look for that specific (non-default) place.

It really is that easy.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 171528

Reply By: Sunchasers - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:46

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 19:46
Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to answer it is greatly appreaciated I have someone coming up in the next few days to start me off and I will keep all instructions that have been sent by you guys and will keep up on the GPS Link when I get a bit more knowledgabel with the programs to see if I can link up the GPS and Computer in Pat the Patrol who knows I might even stop getting lost driving to Eildon By the way will this program show me where the Trout are hiding in the Lake and Pondage at Eildon as I shaw can't catch the smart little buggers very often. It's getting to the dynamit stage I swear. It was easier in the Navy when we lobbed a depth charge in on a Friday for the religious meal to be picked up by the AWB ( Action Working boat for yey land lubberrs) many a meal was enjoyed at the expence of you tax paying public. All in the name of drill practice of course. As you can tell Lucky for the crew I obviously wasn't the Navigator or we would still be in Nam trying to get out Vaung Tau. by the way which way is OZ from Nam East or West.
May all your problems be little ones so you can send them home with their mothers and fathers and leave us Grans to plot our next trip around OZ
AnswerID: 171577

Sponsored Links