Simspson Desert Trip

Submitted: Monday, May 08, 2006 at 13:40
ThreadID: 33680 Views:1917 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I'm sort of new to posting here so if i'm in the wrong place sorry. I am in the process of organising a trip and am after some advise and places to see leaving from Bris via Eulo - Thargominda - Innamincka - Birdsville via Cordillo Downs track - Simpson - Delhousie springs - Mt dare - down to oodadatta - Marree. Now i'm not sure to do either the Birdsville track or down to lyndhurst and do the strazelecki track. Some views on this would be welcomed.

We are looking at taking 30 days ........... is this enough time or more time is required? vehicles are Rodeo ute 2.6l and nissen 4.8l wagon both petrol. The rodeo is only slightly lifted no body lift. We are looking at somewhere in June - july or Aug 07. I know this is ages away but a few things need to be done to my improve my vehicle (rodeo) for camp set ups.

I do intend on joining and becoming a member just gotta make the call when i get a spare moment.

Any help and advise is most welcome.

Thanks
Brian

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 14:16

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 14:16
G'day Pitbull,

You're at the the right place and there is a lot of info on this site, try the trip planning tab on top and scroll down. There is info like this,

Site Link

Also the search function will give you a heap of previous posts on the SD and all the tracks.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 171514

Reply By: Crackles - Monday, May 08, 2006 at 17:44

Monday, May 08, 2006 at 17:44
Brian, get yourself a SA desert parks pass.(You'll need one for the Simpson) Extremely usefull in planning your trip & comes with a set of maps of the area showing historic points of interest, camping spots, emergency contacts etc........... it's got the lot. Available to buy on ExOz.
Desert Parks Pass
Then hop into the trip planning section & check out some previous Trek Notes. After you've done a bit of reading if you have any specific questions feel free to post again.
Cheers Craig..........
AnswerID: 171543

Reply By: Pitbull - Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 04:59

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 04:59
Hi,

I was going to get a desert pass but I assumed they only cover you for one year and if thats the case I will have to wait till August 06. If of course they cover for over a year will get one now. I also assume the pass is PER Vehicle not per group?

Thanks
Brian
AnswerID: 171642

Follow Up By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 08:08

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 08:08
Brian,

You are correct. They are per vehicle and only last 12 Months, so once you know when you are going, you can purchase it as early in the piece as possible such that you at least cover the time you are in the park(s).

cheers,
Sam.
FollowupID: 427092

Sponsored Links