seating

Submitted: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 22:29
ThreadID: 33962 Views:1299 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, have a 89 sr5 dual cab lux and want to replace the front seats without any modifications eg welding, drilling holes etc, Was looking at either a set of SR5 seats out of later model eg up to 97 V6 SR5 as they have the side bolstering etc or a set out of a ssr hilux surf similiar to recaro's. Would these bolt traight in and where in Sydney would be a place to start looking, have rang a couple of wreckers but they dont have any and said they usually dont. The old seats are still in good nick material wise but the padding has not much support left and I find my back starting to ache after driving long distances. Also any idea on would be a realistic price for some thing like these. Regards Steve M
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: disco driver - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 00:04

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 00:04
Hi Stephen M,
Have you considered taking the existing seats to a competent motor trimmer or an upholsterer and getting them rebuilt with better padding etc. It may prove much easier/cheaper than fitting something else which may require an engineers certificate to comply
Cheers
Disco
AnswerID: 173060

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 13:00

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 13:00
Hi there Disco, yes I had thought of doing that but the seats in the vehicles Iv mentioned have lumbar support and adjustable side bolstering as well so I thought they would be a lot more comfortable. Even though my'n is SR5 they are pretty much a standard hilux seat with material on them instead of viynl compared to later model SR5's. Thats why I thought if I get SR5 seats out of later model and they bolt straight in then I wouldnt be required to get an engineer's report ?? Regards Steve M
FollowupID: 428955

Sponsored Links