3.0 litre turbo Nissan

Submitted: Monday, Aug 06, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 342 Views:2407 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am planning to tow a 19 foot caravan around Australia for two to three years and am thinking of the new Nissan 3.0litre turbo Nissan Patrol ST, Does anybody have any experience with the towing abilities of this vehicle. I have owned Toyota 4 Runners for the last 11 years and driven through the Kimberly's, Mitchel plateu, Bungle Bungles, Kakadu and Litchfield areas towing a camper trailer with no problems. Also has anybody any info on the 4.2 litre turbo replacement by Nissan supposedly due out this year.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David Harrington - Monday, Aug 06, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Aug 06, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Denis,

Whilst I don't tow a 19' caravan I do tow a camping trailer with a 3.0Lt Turbo patrol. I have found it excellent. Fuel economy doesn't suffer too greatly with my setup but I would predict a different story with a caravan. I think as loing as you were sensible and not looking at getting to places in an extreme hurry then you would be happy with the 3 litre.

Regards and good luck,

Dave
AnswerID: 854

Reply By: Leon Russell - Wednesday, Aug 15, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, Aug 15, 2001 at 00:00
Denis we tow a 14ft offroad vav inTAS & find the 3lit very goodhave a mate on his way back from topend & kimbleys & acros east he is very happy towing full hight supreme getaway offroader hope this helps Leon
AnswerID: 905

Sponsored Links