companys ripping off women,

Submitted: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 19:27
ThreadID: 34223 Views:2663 Replies:9 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
the wife put her car in for a wheel alignment about three weeks ago, the trye shop concerned said when she picked it up that they wouldn't rotate the wheels as the back ones a wearing differant because the back shockies are stuffed and need replacing a.s.a.p as do the brake shoes. she booked it into auto leaders today to have it done as they do her work. they rung her up and said why are you getting this done, theres nothing wrong with the brake shoes or shockies. should get another 20/30k out of brake shoes. tryes wearing like that is because they are only cheapies. and they are real bleep . just trying to make money out of a women that knows no better than to listen to the so called experts. thank you auto leaders for been honest. good rap for them. the other #$%& will be hearing from me tomorrow ? time to let off some steam.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John R (NSW) - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 20:16

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 20:16
My wife took her car up to BEAUREPAIRES to have a simple puncture repair. They tried to sell her 2 new tyres, 4 balances and a wheel alignment.

Fortunately, she had the good sense to say "My husband organises all the services on my car. You'll need to discuss it with him".

Of course, the tyres were fine, and there was no unusual steering characteristics or wear patterns on the front tyres, hence no need for a wheel alignment.

They never did ring me :-)
AnswerID: 174532

Reply By: Member - Axle - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 20:24

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 20:24
Mate ! I"ve heard this story that many times, Its sad but true ,Theirs operators that just go for the quickest buck and thats it. Long term reputation does not enter the equation until its to late. Go at them with a full head of steam and good luck.

Reguards Axle.
AnswerID: 174534

Reply By: Member - Reiner G (QLD) 4124 - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 20:46

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 20:46
To get the scale back a bit........ my woman takes her car to Bob Jane near Grand Plaza and gets the best service ever. Not all are that bad and some make money by simply hard and honest work. Thats Grand Plaza in Browns Plains Qld.
Nothing in it for me to say that but I am impressed how good they are over there.

cheers
Reiner
AnswerID: 174540

Follow Up By: Member - Matt M (ACT) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 09:03

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 09:03
I'm happy to give Bob Jane a rap in this regard too.

Several years ago, my wife took her car to Bob Jane in Brookvale for two new tyres (on my advice) before a rego check. So she walked in on her own and asked for two new tyres to be fitted. After they checked it out, they advised her that they thought the tyres were fine and recommended not fitting new ones. So, with a perfect opportubity to make the sale, they gave her honest advise and lost the sale.

Very happy with their honesty.

BTW, the car failed the rego check because of the tyres in question (I was right!) But I wasn't too concerned as they tried to be honest in their dealings with her.

Matt.
FollowupID: 430695

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Friday, May 26, 2006 at 02:05

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 02:05
Hey Reiner where do you live?
Mark and I are at Crestmead!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo

FollowupID: 430880

Follow Up By: Member - Reiner G (QLD) 4124 - Friday, May 26, 2006 at 07:46

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 07:46
Jo, I am in Jacaranda Ave off Middle Road oposite Boronia Heights State school.
cheers
Reiner
FollowupID: 430897

Follow Up By: Jo and Mark - Friday, May 26, 2006 at 10:19

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 10:19
Hey Reiner! send me an email, being so close we may have to get together for a cuppa! jarsofclay@optusnet.com.au

Cheers
Jo and Mark
FollowupID: 430936

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 22:11

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 22:11
Yep, all too common,

But to balance the scales my mate has two women who drive from Sydney to Newcastle to have their cars serviced.
Why? Because he doesn't bullchit them. Good honest job at a fair price!
My sister and mother love him for the same reason.

If your in Newcastle and need a good mechanic, actually chit hot mechanic go to Darby St Automotive, ask for Manny.

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 174565

Reply By: Gerhardp1 - Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 22:51

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 22:51
Years ago I sent the 98 Jackaroo to KMart auto around the corner for a grease and oil change.

I felt it needed the high pressure grease to fill up the numerous joints I couldn't fill properly with the hand gun.

I had just finished fitting new brake pads front and back a couple of days before it went in for the grease & oil.

Got a phone call from them stressing how bad my brake shoes were (the car was 4 wheel discs) and it would be unsafe to drive the car home unless they were fixed. Obviously they thought they could show me how they had fitted new shoes/pads because it had new ones in it!

I told them I would risk my life driving home and just to do the grease & oil. When I got home I found they had not had a grease gun near any grease nipple, so I went back and insisted they put it on the hoist and grease it. They tried to get cute saying it had been greased (it had, 20,000ks earlier.....) so I asked them to show me the dangerous brakes and suggested I might call a current affairs program with my story. I pointed to the new pads and asked them had they put them in for nothing or was I just as stupid as they thought all their customers were.

The years go by but the shysters will always be around - buyer beware.
AnswerID: 174577

Follow Up By: crewser - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:09

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:09
I had a similar experence with KMart auto years ago, I got them to do a road worthy for me, when I went to pick car up they told me the brakes were shot, when I told them there was nothing wrong with the brakes they said I would not know If anything was wrong with them he said "you drive it all the time your used to it" I then informed him I drive trucks for a living and had driven 5 different vehicles before he got out of bed this morning, he said I`ll pass it but you need new pads within 3 mths, 5 years later brakes pads still have plenty left on them, tryin to rip me off.
FollowupID: 430798

Follow Up By: HJ60-2H - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 21:43

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 21:43
If they try that stunt during a roadworthy then take the vehlce to the RTA etc and complain loud. They then have the RTA on their back & not just you.
FollowupID: 430825

Reply By: Wizard1 - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:58

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 07:58
Everyone tries the "do want fries with that" scam lately. I've found recently that when I drop the Prado in for a service with Toyota there is the list of "meal deals".
ranging from tyre rotations to EFI service, etc.

What seems strange is a lot of these fall under the regular service schedule, yet they offer them as "extras".

Mind you I haven't had tyre dealer try it on...
AnswerID: 174610

Follow Up By: crewser - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:14

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 20:14
I`ve got a mate that works at a large dealers and he gets $15 for every extra he can sell you when you book your car in for a service, It`s not because you need it it`s because he want`s the extra money in his pay packet.
FollowupID: 430799

Reply By: Platz - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 13:40

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 13:40
I went to my tyre guy the other day to have 4 new tyres and suspension done before my trip and when I picked up the vehicle he had a littel box for me with spare valves, valve removers etc no charge. It's that extra bit of service that makes me go back to them whenever I have tyre problems.
AnswerID: 174681

Reply By: Member - Charlie M (SA) - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 19:16

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 19:16
I bet most if not all are city stores/dealers that try this style of selling
cheers
Charlie
AnswerID: 174734

Follow Up By: Gerhardp1 - Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 21:34

Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 21:34
Are you trying to say shysters only exist in the city?

You are wrong - as an apparent "city slicker" I have had numerous country operators trying to rip me off as well. The theory apparently is that you'll never be back or you'll be 600k up the road before you notice.
FollowupID: 430820

Follow Up By: Sam from Weipa Auto Electrics - Friday, May 26, 2006 at 07:09

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 07:09
That annoys the hell out of me.
FollowupID: 430892

Reply By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Friday, May 26, 2006 at 10:03

Friday, May 26, 2006 at 10:03
keepkampen,
Who are the "other #$%&" ?
No good warning or telling us all about it if we don't know who they are.

Avagoodn
Pezza
AnswerID: 174849

Sponsored Links