new nissan

Submitted: Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 12:39
ThreadID: 34338 Views:1937 Replies:8 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
I am about ready to purchase a new DX cab chassis, but now a bit worried about
after sales service from nissan dealers after reading recent posts.

Where in SE Qld, would I find a good deal on new nissan ( or toyota cab) if I have to spend the extra dollars. And a reliable dealer ?

Was going to trade my SWB (gas/petrol Mav) but now ?????????????????

Big AL
Gold Coast
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:17

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:17
I had a terrible run with Metro Nissan up here in Brissy and I know the bloke who give me the run around is still the service mgr there so I would take a wide berth of this one. I can't remember the mob in Townsvile (Parry Nissan I think), but the service mgr there was obligeing but still unable to solve my probs. Of all the Nissan dealers I have been to Townsville and Western Plains Automotive at Dubbo were the only two I would even consider to give my money to if I was mad enough to buy another Nissan.
If you go Toyota, have a talk to Tamworth (may just be worth the drive also), they couldn't help me enough when I had my 100 series and they knew what they were talking about.
Don't get the wrong impression, my Nissan is reliable and predictable and I have learned to live with it's limitations (which are different to what the dealer thinks the cars limits are). If you are talking about a 4.2 donk and you are not intending to load the crap out of it and expect big speeds of it, then it will last you a long time.
Buy it for a strong relaible vehicle and you won't go wrong, treat it like a draft horse and you will quickly find the limitations I talk of (I know I did).

Cheers, Trevor.
AnswerID: 175175

Reply By: Big Al. - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:39

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 13:39
Thanks for the info Trevor, We need a reliable NEW ute for 800kg camper,too old to be crawling around underneath doing servce and repairs. Looking for the best deal any place in the SE corner of Qld.
Regards
Big Al
AnswerID: 175177

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:16

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:16
Al,

The Nissan will handle with ease a 800kg camper in tow but if you plan to put it on the ute......well that's another story.
I load my wagon up with that sort of weight but also tow 2tonne (sometimes more) and ask it to do the speed limit (which it is very capable of doing) but it tends to run hot if you come accross a range of any description. Even just the vehicle solo with that sort of weight it will start to see it's limits. I tend to drive a little hard so others may not experience this and I in no way intend to put you off buying an otherwise superb vehicle.
Out of the two vehicle manufacturers you have talked about (I have owned both) you will get better backup from the Toyota product, should something go wrong under warranty. So it depends on how much you value the warranty at as to which vehicle is better value.
Some of the smaller country towns like Dalby may do a better deal as they may well be screaming for every sale possible. I don't know this point for sure but it can't hurt to give them a phone call.
Good luck with your decision.

Regards, Trevor.
FollowupID: 431328

Reply By: Shane (QLD) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 14:35

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 14:35
Big Al,
Do you own a Typhoon ? (Ford type)
AnswerID: 175184

Follow Up By: Big Al. - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 14:45

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 14:45
Shane

I like to think it (maverick swb) goes as fast as a Typhoon.

Big Al
FollowupID: 431261

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:54

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 19:54
Big Al,

You may want to consider the Nissan c/c with the leaf rear springs, as it has greater GVM than the coil cab. Coil cabs can also crack rear spring mounts.

The turbo-diesel Toyota 79series is rather nice, will cost you more money, but IMO is worth it.

Cheers
phil
AnswerID: 175249

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:18

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 20:18
"The turbo-diesel Toyota 79series is rather nice, will cost you more money, but IMO is worth it."

I would probably agree with that Phil.
FollowupID: 431330

Reply By: T.C - Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 22:29

Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 22:29
Hi Big Al,

If you go down the Toyota path, i live on the Gold coast and drove to Hayes Toyota at Murwullimbah nsw.
Great service and happy with price and after sales service. Just bought a SR5 Hilux dualCab and 5 years ago bought my Prado from them also.

I have House and wifes car insured with Suncorp and asked about insurance for my new Dualcab,,,Toyota now have my Work ute insurance,Suncorp could not come anywhere near it. R.A.C.Q where cheaper also. But your poat code seems to come into play more these days when i was getting quotes on insurance.

If you want any info just email me.

Good luck, Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 175280

Follow Up By: Big Al. - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 07:26

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 07:26
Thanks to All for your reply's re: Nissan or toyota.

We have been all over aus(except WA) with our 1000kg kanga camper behind swb mav (on gas) and have now decided to go with a new cab chassis with leaf springs and a slide on camper. less trouble setting up as it is all fibre glass and we can pack up even if it gets wet unlike the canvas type of camper. And it includes, toilet shower and KITCHEN SINK !!!!!!!.......forSWMBO
The trailer camper was not viable on steep hills and beach work. A slide on with all up weight of around 800 kg. plus fuel & alloy tray we think is the way to go.
As the area's in WA we now want to explore are remote we need a reliable vehicle and no hassles with a trailer.

Will now try some of the country dealers Nissan/ Toyota. best price so far for gu dx cab has been 45k on road with bullbar, towbar & driving lights.

Thanks for all advise

Big Al
gold coast
FollowupID: 431373

Reply By: snow - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 12:17

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 12:17
forget dealer service by Nissan in Caboolture/Morayfield...better to go elsewhere in my opinion.
AnswerID: 175338

Reply By: Fusion - Monday, May 29, 2006 at 18:29

Monday, May 29, 2006 at 18:29
I've bought from Highway Nissan at Springwood Brisbane and Von Bibra at Ashmore on the Gold Coast. Both awful. Wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Aaron.
AnswerID: 175447

Follow Up By: Big Al. - Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 07:14

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 07:14
Thanks Snow & Aaron....

Going to check out country toyota dealers today for best price on turbo cab.

Big al
FollowupID: 431613

Reply By: Member - Marc- Monday, Jun 05, 2006 at 21:07

Monday, Jun 05, 2006 at 21:07
I don't know if this helps but I've been sourcing a new 79 series cab chassis in the last 2 weeks. The best price I could find was at Colac Toyota (about 100km from Melb) and they wanted $55,150 drive away, no other costs. No tray though for this price.
AnswerID: 176925

Follow Up By: Big Al. - Tuesday, Jun 06, 2006 at 15:47

Tuesday, Jun 06, 2006 at 15:47
thanks Marc

We are still looking ........ Best price so far 79 cab $51k drive away with air. ( not rv model)
and
Nissan $45k all on Gold costs (can buy a lot of extras with the differance)

It may come down to best price on our trade in .

Allan
Gold Coast
FollowupID: 433057

Sponsored Links