Camping Ningaloo reef

Submitted: Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 17:59
ThreadID: 34858 Views:7043 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am thinking of going to Ningaloo Reef area camping for a week in July. Does anyone have any recommendations about where to stay (preferably bush camping, as we are self sufficient).
thanks,
Ozidave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pojo - Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 19:50

Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 19:50
camp anywhere along the coast in the national park best spot we found was at a place called pilgmagorna or something like that but be careful off the tides at the time
AnswerID: 178123

Reply By: sub - Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 20:32

Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 20:32
dont go you. wont like it.just jokeing.wishing i was up there but a month long holiday to nz last month took care of all the spening money.i have always stayed at lefroy bay but ther are many great spots for bush camping right up to yardie creek .very popular over school holidays and dont forget to take everythingto be self sufficent.along drive to coral bay or exmouth if you run out of supplies
AnswerID: 178134

Reply By: Surf - Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 21:16

Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 21:16
We camped at Winderabandi Point on Ningaloo station a couple of years ago. One of the best places I've ever camped at.

There is a large shallow bay that the kids could walk out for hundreds of metres and still only be up to their ankles in warm clear water. No matter where they were we could see them from the waters edge. It was almost like being on a tropical island without the palms.

We set up a sun shelter and had drinks and nibblies on the waters edge and ate fish caught in the bay. We even slept on the sand with no matress. Its one of those places I'll never forget.
AnswerID: 178152

Reply By: Drew - Karratha - Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 22:34

Monday, Jun 12, 2006 at 22:34
Either South or North Lefroy bay - on Ningaloo Station. These are almost the only places to camp on Ningaloo Station that you can fish straight out from the shore due to the new sanctuary zones. You must bring in everything as there are no supplies (water, fuel, fire wood, chemical toilet - bring everything). If you are intending to go during the school holidays these spots might be quite full. I was there a week ago and there are already a lot of the regulars set in for the next few months. Let me know if you require any more info.
Drew
AnswerID: 178172

Reply By: Member- Rox (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:47

Tuesday, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:47
Yes all of the above is correct. Ningaloo Stn Sth has very brown water due to see weed. Ningaloo Stn North to Yardie Ck is Stn country Except for Boat harbour I think. 3 years ago it was $15/Adult/week Kids free. Take your own wood. Water is available at Carnarvon next to info sign.
AnswerID: 178247

Sponsored Links