FJ62 Air Intake Pipe

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 17:19
ThreadID: 35152 Views:1879 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
OMG You guys OMG, OMG you guys OMG.

This car is driving me insane!!!! I have never had so much trouble with a car in all my life, and trouble trying to find parts.

Ok guys airintake pipe, how hard can it be? I went to repco and got some 76mm piping... Since my original was split. So i fitted it, oh yeah was all fine and dandy, well the stupid thing keeps coming off (i have gas fitted) and also it couldnt handle the temperature of the 3F (h?) engine. So i asked them how much for a proper one that will fit (after market toyota part) and he says about 150, i said ok fine ill get that... Then he says a 3 WEEK WAIT!!!! Whats with this guys? I cannot wait 3 weeks, i need my car this weekend!!!

Can anyone tel me how else i can do this air intake? Has anybosy else struck this problem? What other materials could i use to do this? My only thought was PVC Conduit but then i thought how would i clamp it down cos its so solid...

Let me know guys please, i need to get this fixed, i aranged to take monday off week and now my car is giving me grief.

Thanks guys

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim HJ61 (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 18:56

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 18:56

There is a really good site for tech tips at for all the older Landcruisers - you're likely to find what you want there.

ASAIK 'F' engines are petrol, 'H' engines are diesel.
If your vehicle is an FJ62 as per the title of your topic, then it is a petrol 'H' wagon 'J' of the last of the 60 series which started as 60, then 61 like mine and in the last year or so of the series became 62 just prior to the 80 series.

No matter which model it is, you've got a bit broken that needs fixing and I can't help, so off you go to the ih8mud forum and see what you can find there.

All the best in your searching.


AnswerID: 179729

Follow Up By: Member - Bill S (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 20:57

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 20:57
HI Justin,Take atrip to a heavy vehicle repairer and source a bit of consatina radiator hose this will fix your problem as it is quite flexible and you can clamp it with radiator hose clamps.

Regards BILLS
FollowupID: 435939

Follow Up By: Muzzgit (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 21:50

Wednesday, Jun 21, 2006 at 21:50
Tim, a bit off topic, but I thought landcruisers were like that in sequence as well, untill I bought a 1985 petrol 3F cruiser wagon which was labelled and registered as an FJ62 !!!

It had round headlights, not two rectangular, and the dash was the older square style not the rounded dash like in the model with twin headlights!

I never could figure it out?
FollowupID: 435953

Reply By: udm - Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 19:23

Thursday, Jun 22, 2006 at 19:23
I've got some pipes from an fj80 (3F), you can come check them out... if you're in sydney that is.

AnswerID: 179938

Sponsored Links