Waeco CF-80

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:48
ThreadID: 3757 Views:2463 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone bought one yet? I would like to know what they operate like as I'm thinking of selling my Liemack DTV70 and down sizing to the CF-80 or CF-50.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cam - Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 15:42

Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 15:42
Muppo, I'm in the process of buying one now. I've ordered a CF50 plus the MPS50 transformer for $1050. After seeing a few in action I opted for the Wacoe due its pricing, power consumption, warranty, weight & size (both internal & external). The abilty to keep beer icy cold was a minor factor. :-) From what I have seen this unit operates quite efficiently on settings 2 & 3 as well.
AnswerID: 14848

Reply By: Truckster - Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 21:55

Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 21:55
Someone mentioned LOTS of CF50's in getting warranty work done on them, not sure what forum it was on though :(
AnswerID: 14885

Reply By: Scott - Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 22:38

Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003 at 22:38
Waeco are reasonable. Early CF50 had lid problem Waeco replaced them twice current lid model great. One bus is fitted with 8 Waeco CF50 for 16 months. Other bus is fitted with 8 Evakool 50 3 years old no problems. New bus was fitted with 8 70 Evakool last week. Better cabinet better insulation lower power consumption. My mate runs 3 buses on 4 day camping trips uses one bus Waeco 50 and 2 buses Evakool. I was in Sydney last week and looked at his two new buses and fitted with Evakool. I asked him why when he fitted Waeco to last bus and he said Evakool cabinet is tough and does not show signs of rough handling and use like the poly or metal cabinets. Evakool have magic tie down handles and corner mounts to locate fridge and couple bucks each. Previously had Explorer fridges but said they take up to much space and metal cabinets wear badly. A bus operator in South Australia had 4 Liemack for two trips and changed them to National Luna as they could not keep the power up to the Liemack and burnt out two alternators. Another operator has two buses with Trailblaza but is getting new bus fitted with Evakool as Trailblaza is big in size for small fridge capacity. I dont think anybody has had any failures of any brand as prevsiouly refrigeration always used to be a total pain in the butt 5 years ago. Used to run compressor and flexible hoses to boxes and hoses used to leak belts break clutches go compressors fail. 12/24vDC fridges give no problem just order bus with extra alternator and extra 400amp battery bank Better go and finish the boarding list for the bus leaving tomorrow at 10 and I am off on Thursday for 14 day trip.
AnswerID: 14890

Sponsored Links