Bollards lagoon homestead

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:39
ThreadID: 3825 Views:3633 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Could anyone tell me if you are able to camp at Bollards Lagoon Homestead or is the camping a distance from the homestead. Also are there any facilities such as toilets and showers either at the homestead or camp area.

Regards
Wheely
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew O - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:53

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:53
They have a 2 bedroom cottage that you can stay in, last July it cost about $90 per night including cooked breakfast. Great value accommodation I reckon, and good hosts. Camping is also available on the property, but no facilities available that I am aware of. Phone them on 08 8091 3873.

Cheers
Andrew
AnswerID: 15068

Follow Up By: wheely - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 13:38

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 13:38
Thanks for your help Andrew. I will give them a ring.

Regards
Wheely
FollowupID: 9134

Follow Up By: Member - Mike - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 17:11

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 17:11
Wheely,
Just for info - from there you can proceed North up Bore Track to Innamincka for cost of $10. Tis a good drive and saves crossing overto Old Strez Track.
MikeToo little time in the bush!
FollowupID: 9156

Reply By: Beddo - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 20:04

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 20:04
For info on that area talk to the National Parks in Tibooburra and ask to speak to Anne Marie (local) will know all road conditions up to Innaminka and all camp grounds in between. There is the National Parks camp ground at Fort Grey and I'm not sure if Grant & Lindy at the Cameron Corner store still have camping there also.Bore track is an interesting trip - narrow little track.
Back towards Tibooburra NPWS use to rent of Shearing sheds at Olive Downs - great spot with showers.
As for Bollards Lagoon - this commenced after I left the area.
PS. A must go see Coogie Lakes
PPS. If you have time around Milparinka & Tibooburra go see the Warratta / Bendigo goldfields (NPWS for advice & mud maps) - top spot - old gold battery, shafts, stone dwellings etc
AnswerID: 15119

Follow Up By: wheely - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:32

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:32
Thanks again for the info. We had intended to take the bore track to Innamincka. I rang Bollards lagoon Homestead and they do have accommodation in Cottages at very reasonable rates with a fully cooked breakfast. They do not have any outside showers and toilets to service campers, so not sure if we will camp at Camerons Corner or book in at Bollards Homestead.

We have been to Innamincka a few times now and have explored most of the area but something keeps sending us back there!! Just hope its not too dry and there is enough water in the Cooper to catch some yellow belly.

Thanks again.
Regards
Wheely
FollowupID: 9218

Sponsored Links