Crovac or Vaccum packed food

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 01, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 401 Views:2742 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Where can I obtain a device that will enable me to "cryovac" or vacuum pack our food? A few years ago, a 'consumer' model was promoted in the 4X4 press, but I've seen no mention of it in ages. Any ideas? Please?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve - Tuesday, Sep 04, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Sep 04, 2001 at 00:00
If you are serious, ie have lots of spare cash, get in touch with a Commercial Kitchen supplier who will be able to give you all the info!!

They are not cheap-- best find your local butcher who will probably have one in his shop. We travelled to Alice - from Sydney and had our meat cryovaced at Broken Hill and the Alice and had no trouble. Remember there is Cryocacing and Cryovacing depends a bit on the operator of the machine and their experience!

Steve
AnswerID: 1029

Reply By: Steve W Alice Springs - Friday, Sep 14, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Sep 14, 2001 at 00:00
Nicholas, There are some hand vaccuum pumps that you can get to remove the air from freezer bags etc prior to freezing meat. To have aactual cryovac packs ask your local buther, as far as I know lots of them do it. They certainly do in Alice. You need to work out how much meat you need for a meal and have it packed that way so that you use all the meat that you unpack each time. Most butchers charge very little for doing this job although they normally prefer a few days notice so they can do it when they are not busy etc. Hope this helps. Happy travelling.
AnswerID: 1079

Sponsored Links