Recaro seats in 100 Series seatbelt probs

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 04, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 406 Views:4462 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have just upgraded from my 97 GQ TD Patrol to a new 100 series Landcruiser. In the Patrol I had Recaro seats mounted on KAB suspension bases (an investment of around $4000. I went to install the seats in the 100 Series and found the seatbelt is built into the standard Toyota seat. Has anyone fitted aftermarket seats in a Landcruiser and had to either: get new seatbelt mounts put in or had the seatbelt mounts fitted to the aftermarket seats. Ideas and contacts around Sydney would be great as I appear to have 2 great Recaro seats for the loungeroom at the moment.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve Campbell - Monday, Sep 10, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Sep 10, 2001 at 00:00
Any of the Recaro Seat installers in Sydney should be able to help you. However, this is a modification that requires an engineers certificate ie changing seat mounts and belt positions. Make sure you get the Certificate of your insurance could be null and void - and your car unregisterable when you net go for a "pink slip". Note also that seat mounts are certified for a model.....so your Patrol seat mounts may need a different certificate for the 100 series. Talk to Recaro in the first instance to be safe
AnswerID: 1049

Sponsored Links