Ozie Explorer

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:39
ThreadID: 41816 Views:2458 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Is any one aware of any place that holds courses on learning how to use Ozie Explorer properly. Looking for somwhere N.O.R. in Perth ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 13:00

Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 13:00
Hello - Doug - am lead to believe some 4WD clubs have some in house experts who provide guidance/training courses for fellow members. Birds Australia (WA) also had a basic introductory course the other day. I have however never heard of a course for the general public. I imagine that if someone got of their butt and did one it would be quite popular.
Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 218801

Reply By: Member -Signman - Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 14:47

Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 14:47
G'day Doug,
What do you want to do with OziExplorer?? I've gotta admit, I'm far from an expert, but I've got Ozi doing all (and more) than I need with it.
I do spend most of the time getting all the info. entered up on the PC first. Collecting waypoints for POIs etc..then sorting WPs into order & naming where required, then making a Route..and when all is good, dump it onto the PDA.
When on the trip, I can easily add POI waypoints for updating or passing around.
The HELP on Ozi can be vague, but I think it's a matter of the more you play with it (OziExplorer that is) the more competant you become.
Even with doing a course- you'd still have to do a bit of real life practice.
Have fun!!
AnswerID: 218819

Follow Up By: V8 Troopie - Thursday, Feb 01, 2007 at 00:30

Thursday, Feb 01, 2007 at 00:30
Perhaps you might have an idea what "ERROR 998" means?

I get that while trying to load .USR files from my SD card reader into Ozi. These files are saved trails & waypoints from my Lowrance chartplotter.

I fid it very annoying that the programming boffins never seem to bother to tell us mere mortals what their cryptic codes actually mean.

Klaus
FollowupID: 479363

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 15:52

Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 15:52
Hi Doug:

Best idea is to get in contact with them and ask. I have done one of their courses and found them helpful, but I am based in NSW. Our club has them presenting courses twice a year (so far) and these are well attended. Who better to learn from than the experts?

OziExplorer Site Link

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 218831

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 18:20

Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 18:20
Hello Jack ,

Are you able to tell me which club ? I live in Sydney and would love to do a course . I find it incredibly hard to figure a lot of it out .

Thanks ,

Willie .
FollowupID: 479285

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 23:10

Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 23:10
Hi Willie:

I am in the Toyota Landcruiser Car Club. You don't need a landcruiser to become a member.
The Club meets the first Monday each month, and meetings commence 8pm at:
Liberty Hill Centre,
2A Brunker Road Chullora

I just took a quick look and they have an "Expressions of Interest" in their Education Forum for this year. The other option is to contact Brian at GPSOZ , as they do a fiar bit of training as well, and ExplorOz is part of their program, even though they are more concerned with GPS units in general.

Good luck.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 479342

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Thursday, Feb 01, 2007 at 16:34

Thursday, Feb 01, 2007 at 16:34
Jack ,
Thanks very much for the info . I checked the GPSOZ courses and they are in May and June - the time I will be in the Kimberley . I will look into the TLC Club .
Willie .

FollowupID: 479486

Reply By: bgreeni - Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 17:07

Wednesday, Jan 31, 2007 at 17:07
Not a provider of courses, but I live NOR (Scarborough) and have used OziE and OziCE for many years. If I can be of help email me on bgreeningatoptusnet.com.au
AnswerID: 218845

Sponsored Links